These romances feature heroes and heroines with professions that are outside the ordinary.
(List begun 05/04, updated 03/13)
||European Historical Romances
||American Historical/Frontier Romances
||Alternate Reality, Paranormal, Science Fiction, Time Travel
- Wonderful (1997) by Jill Barnett - Lady Clio is an alemaker.
- Masques of Gold (1990) by Roberta Gellis - Lissa is an apothecary. (A at AAR)
- The Rope Dancer (1987) by Roberta Gellis - Carys, the heroine, is a rope dancer, and Telor, the hero, is a minstrel.
- By Design (2001) by Madeline Hunter - Joan is a potter, and Rhys is a mason/sculptor. (A at AAR)
- Scoundrel's Kiss (2010) by Carrie Lofty - Ada is a linguist. (B at AAR)
- Desire (1994) by Amanda Quick - Lady Clare is a perfumer.
- Black Lion's Bride (2002) by Tina St. John - Zahirah is on a mission to kill King Richard I. (C at AAR)
- The Rake's Mistress (2004) by Nicola Cornick - Rebecca Raleigh is a professional glass engraver.
- Miss Jacobson's Journey (1992) by Carola Dunn - Jakob Rothschild is an insurance agent.
- Faro's Daughter (1941) by Georgette Heyer - Deborah Grantham presides over a gambling house. (A- at AAR)
- Lady Elizabeth's Comet (1985) by Sheila Simonson - Lady Elizabeth Conway is an astronomer. (A at AAR)
European Historical Romances
- My Darling Caroline (1998) by Adele
Ashworth - Caroline Grayson is a botanist. (A- at AAR)
- Someone Irresistible (2001) by Adele Ashworth - Mimi Marsh is a forensic sculptor. (B- at AAR)
- When It's Perfect (2002) by Adele Ashworth - Mary Marsh designs wedding trousseaus, Marcus Longfellow is a researcher of artifacts and hieroglyphics. (B- at AAR)
- The Legacy (2008) by T.J. Bennett - Wolfgang Behaim is a printer. (A- at AAR)
- Bridal Favors (2002) by Connie Brockway - Lady Evelyn is a wedding organizer. (A at AAR)
- Lady of Skye (2001) by Patricia Cabot - Brenna Donnegal is a doctor looking for the cause of cholera. (B at AAR)
- The Wildest Shore (2001) by Lisa Cach - Anne Hazlett is a lady's maid. (B+ at AAR)
- Across a Moonlit Sea (1996) by Marsha Canham - Beau Spence is a ship's navigator, pilot and mapmaker. (B+ at AAR)
- The Iron Rose (2003) by Marsha Canham - Juliet Dante captains her own ship. (A at AAR)
- Captives of the Night (1994) by Loretta Chase - Leila Beaumont is a portrait painter, and Ismal conducts government investigations. (A at AAR)
- Lord Perfect (2006) by Loretta Chase - Bathsheba Wingate is an art instructor for the sons of wealthy men. (A- at AAR)
- Bliss (1995) by Judy Cuevas - Hannah Van Evan is an antiques appraiser in training. (A at AAR)
- Dance (1996) by Judy Cuevas - Marie DuGard is film producer and director. (A- at AAR)
- Scoundrel (1996) by Elizabeth Elliott - Lady Lily Waters is a cryptographer. (A at AAR)
- City of Shadows (2007) by Ariana Franklin - Esther Solomonova is a photographer.
- To Dream Again (1995) by Laura Lee Guhrke - Nathaniel Chase is a toymaker.
- To Beguile a Beast (2009) by Elizabeth Hoyt - Sir Alistair Monroe is a naturalist. (A at AAR)
- The Proposition (1999) by Judith Ivory - Mick Tremore is a rat catcher and Edwina Bollash is a linguist. (A at AAR)
- Whispers of the Night (2006) by Lydia Joyce - Alcyone Carter is a brilliant mathematician. (B- at AAR)
- Flowers from the Storm (1992) by Laura Kinsale - Maddy Timms is an asylum nurse. (A at AAR)
- Devil in Winter (2006) by Lisa Kleypas - Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent is a gambling club manager. (A- at AAR)
- Midsummer Moon (1987) by Laura Kinsale - Merlin Lambourne is an inventor. (A/C at AAR)
- Diamond Rain (1999) by Constance Laux - Isabel De Quincy and Benedict Costigan design fireworks. (B at AAR)
- His Very Own Girl (2012) by Carrie Lofty - Lulu Davies is a pilot in Air Transport in WW II.
- Song of Seduction (2011) by Carrie Lofty - Arie De Voss is a composer and musician. (A- at AAR)
- The Perils of Pleasure (2008) by Julie Anne Long - Madeleine Greenway is a job coordinator. (A- at AAR)
- Dear Lady Disdain (1995) by Paula Marshall - Stacy Blanchard owns and manages a bank, inherited from her father.
- Dangerous Angel (1994) by Deborah Martin - Cordelia Shalstone is a composer.
- Gentle from the Night (1997) by Meagan McKinney - Alexandra Benjamin is a speech pathologist.
- Ever His Bride (1997) by Linda Needham - Felicity Mayfield writes travel articles and guides.
- The Wedding Night (1999) by Linda Needham - Mairey Faelyn is a scholar of Celtic folklore and antiquities. (A at AAR)
- The Rake (1998) by Mary Jo Putney - Alys Weston is the steward of an estate. (A at AAR)
- Ravished (1992) by Amanda Quick - Harriet Pomeroy is a paleontologist. (A- at AAR)
- The Reluctant Reformer (2002) by Lynsay Sands - Lady Margaret Westworth is an undercover reporter. (B- at AAR)
- Gabriel's Woman (2001) by Robin Schone - Gabriel is a prostitute. (A- at AAR)
- The Lover (2000) by Robin Schone - Michel de Anges is a prostitute. (B- at AAR)
- On My Lady's Honor (2002) by Kate Silver - Sophie Delamanse is a French musketeer.
- The Gladiator's Honor (2006) by Michelle Styles - Valens is a gladiator. (B+ at AAR)
- Not Quite a Husband (2009) by Sherry Thomas - Leo is a mathematician. (A- at AAR)
- Tempting the Bride (2012) by Sherry Thomas - Helena Fitzhugh is a book publisher. (A- at AAR)
- Strangers at Dawn (1999) by Elizabeth Thornton - Lord Max Worthe owns and runs a newspaper. (B/C at AAR)
American Historical/Frontier Romances
- Sweeter than Wine (1999) by Michaela August - Siegfried Rodernwiller is a winemaker. (A- at AAR)
- More than Magic (1994) by Olga Bicos - Dr. Polly Babcock is an archeologist and Sir Shane McKinnon is an astronomer.
- Frannie and the Charmer (1996) by Ann Carberry - Sean Sullivan is a magician.
- Temple's Prize (1997) by Linda Castle - HH-394 - Temple Parish is a paleontologist.
- The Tea Rose (2003) by Jennifer Donnelly - Fiona is a tea packer and starts her own tea business. (A at AAR) (Set in late Victorian England & New York)
- Painted by the Sun (2000) by Elizabeth Grayson - Shea Waterston is a photographer. (B+ at AAR)
- To Dream Again (1995) by Laura Lee Guhrke - Nathaniel Chase is a toymaker.
- Always to Remember (1996) by Lorraine Heath - Clayton Holland is a sculptor. (A/B- at AAR)
- Honey (2000) by Stef Ann Holm - Camille Kennison manages a baseball team. (B at AAR)
- A Touch of Fire (1992) by Linda Howard - Annie Parker is a physician in 1871 Arizona Territory.
- Past Promises (1993) by Jill Marie Landis - Jessica Stanbridge is a paleontologist.
- Logan's Outlaw (2012) by Elaine Levine - Logan owns a series of Trading Posts. (A- at AAR)
- The Wedding Gamble (1996) by Cait Logan - Cairo Brown is a professional pool player and pool hall owner.
- The Fortune Hunter (1998) by Meagan McKinney - Lavinia Murphy is a fortune teller.
- Marrying Stone (1994) by Pamela Morsi - J. Monroe Farley is a musicologist. (A at AAR)
- Silver Lining (2000) by Maggie Osborne - Low Down is a prospector. (B at AAR)
- Defiant Rose (1992) by Colleen Quinn - Rose Carney is a circus owner.
- Prophet Annie (1999) by Ellen Recknor - Annie Pinkerton Boone is a famous seer in a circus sideshow. (B at AAR)
- The Beloved Woman (1991) by Deborah Smith - Katherine Blue Song is a doctor.
- Tides of Love (2000) by Tracy Sumner - Noah Garrett is a marine biologist. (B- at AAR)
- Dear Enemy (1915) by Jean Webster - Sallie McBride is the superintendent of an orphan asylum.
- Halfway to Heaven (2001) by Susan Wiggs - Abigail Cabot is an astronomer. (B at AAR)
- The Horsemaster's Daughter (1999) by Susan Wiggs - Eliza Flyte is a horse whisperer. (A- at AAR)
- One Way Out (2005) by Michele Albert (Michelle Jerott) - Cassie Ashton is a fossil hunter and and Alex Martinelli is a paleontologist. (B- at AAR)
- Haunted Spouse (10/1993) by Heather Allison - HR-3284 - Lizzie Wilcox is a haunted house designer.
- Heart Waves (12/1992) by Gloria Alvarez - KS-120 - Peyton Adair and Cassidy Sloane are rival DJ's.
- Always in my Heart (2002) by Catherine Anderson - Tucker Grant is a field biologist. (B- at AAR)
- Here to Stay (2011) by Catherine Anderson - Zach Harrigan trains mini horses to be service animals for the blind. (B at AAR)
- Walk on the Wild Side (2011) by Natalie Anderson - Har Pres Extra #148 - Jack Greene is a professional snowboarder. (B- at AAR)
- Mystic Cowboy (2013) by Sarah Anderson - Rebel Runs Fast is a medicine man and a successful Native American artist.
- Wild Heat (2009) by Bella Andre - Maya Jackson is an arson investigator. (B- at AAR)
- Babe in the Woods (6/1998) by Pamela Bauer - HSR-792 - Brendan Miller is a seminarian who works as a clinical pastoral educator at a hospital.
- A Rather Lovely Inheritance (2007) by C.A. Belmond - Penny Nichols provides historical research to film producers. (A- at AAR)
- From the First (4/2006) by Jessica Bird (J.R. Ward) - SSE-1750 - Alex Moorehouse is a professional sailor and boat designer.
- A Man in a Million (1/2007) by Jessica Bird (J.R. Ward) - SSE-1803 - Madeline "Mad Dog" Maguire is a professional sailor. (B+ at AAR)
- The Personal Touch (2009) by Lori Borrill - Margot Roth is a matchmaker. (B at AAR)
- Over the Edge (2001) by Suzanne Brockmann - Teri Howe is a helicopter pilot. (A- at AAR)
- The Admiral's Bride (11/1999) by Suzanne Brockmann - SIM-962 - Dr. Zoe Lange is an expert in biological and chemical weapons. (B+ at AAR)
- Little Lady series by Hester Browne - Melissa Romney-Jones is a personal organizer/man makeover artist.
- The Little Lady Agency (2005) (B+ at AAR)
- Little Lady, Big Apple (2007) (B- at AAR)
- The Little Lady Agency and the Prince (2008)
- To Touch the Stars (10/1986) by Pamela Browning - HAR-170 - Julie Andrassy and Stephen Martinovic are circus acrobats.
- Familiar Christmas (12/1999) by Caroline Burnes - HI-542 - Hunter Semmes is a toymaker.
- Queen of Babble series by Meg Cabot - Lizzie Nichols is a wedding gown designer.
- Queen of Babble (2006) (A- at AAR)
- Queen of Babble in the Big City (2007) (B at AAR)
- Queen of Babble Gets Hitched (2008) (B at AAR)
- Dr. Yes (2003) by Lisa Cach - Rachel Calais is a tour guide in Nepal. (B at AAR)
- The Nekkid Truth in Big Guns out of Uniform (2003) by Nicole Camden - Debbie Valley is a police photographer. (A at AAR)
- No Competition (1/1993) by Marilyn Campbell - KIS-124 - Joey Thornton is a pool player.
- For Keeps (4/1991) by Donna Carlisle - SD-634 - Lyn Sanders is a pet sitter.
- It's Only Make Believe (10/1992) by Donna Carlisle - SD-741 - Stone Harrison designs amusement parks.
- Conflict of Interest (4/1983) by Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz) - CER-130 - Lang Sterling invents robots.
- Dare the Devil (4/1987) by Elaine Raco Chase - CER-499 - Cam Stirling is a movie stuntwoman.
- Special Delivery (4/1984) by Elaine Raco Chase - CER-226 - Roxanne Murdoch is a singing telegram deliverer.
- On Wings of Magic (7/1982) by Susanna Collins - SCAL-62 - Paul Deza and Carol Braeden are animators.
- Love and Other Surprises (2/1990) by Kathleen Creighton - SIM-322 - Toby Thomas is a sorority housemother.
- Still Waters (11/1986) by Kathleen Creighton - LS-163 - Maddy Gordon is a puppeteer.
- Tiger Dawn (6/1989) by Kathleen Creighton - SIM-289 - Sarah Fairchild is a zoologist.
- Lightning that Lingers (12/1983) by Sharon and Tom Curtis - LS-25 - Philip Brooks is a stripper. (A/A- at AAR)
- Real Men Will (2011) by Victoria Dahl - Beth Cantrell manages an erotic boutique. (B+ at AAR)
- Start Me Up (2009) by Victoria Dahl - Lori Love is a mechanic. (B+ at AAR)
- Sign Me, Speechless in Seattle (11/1998) by Emily Dalton - HAR-750 - Mathilda McKinney writes an advice column.
- New Life (2013) by Bonnie Dee - Jason Reitmiller is a janitor. (A- at AAR)
- Jasmine Sorcery (4/1984) by Barbara Delinsky - HAR-66 - Pepper MacNeil is a mail carrier.
- Twelve Across (2/1987) by Barbara Delinsky - HT-144 - Leah Gates is a crossword creator.
- An Unlikely Combination (7/1988) by Anne Marie Duquette - HR-2918 - Miles Barrett and Sherri Landers are forest rangers.
- Hot Pursuit (9/1998) by Fran Earley - HI-98 - Tally Gordon is a border patrol agent.
- Can't Stand the Heat (2009) by Louisa Edwards - Miranda Wake is a restaurant critic.
- West of the Sun (5/1990) by Lynn Erickson - HSR-404 - Ben Tanner is a UFO investigator for the Air Force.
- The Stephanie Plum Series (1995-) by Janet Evanovich - Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter. (various grades at AAR)
- Sweet Temptation (10/1992) by Marcia Evanick - LS-570 - Garrison Fisher is a paleontologist/professor.
- Bound to Please (2009) by Lilli Feisty - Ruby Scott is an event planner. (B at AAR)
- Fever Rising (2/1997) by Maggie Ferguson - HI-408 - Raven Delandy is an herbalist.
- Traci on the Spot (3/1997) by Marie Ferrarella - SYT-39 - Traci Richardson is a cartoonist.
- Life Skills (1999) by Katie Fforde - Julia Fairfax is a canal boat cook. (B- at AAR)
- Practically Perfect (2008) by Katie Fforde - Rob is a Greyhound Rescue officer. (B+ at AAR)
- Her Desert Dream (12/2009) by Liz Fielding - HR-4136 Lydia Young is a celebrity look-alike. (A- at AAR)
- Tempted by Trouble (2011) by Liz Fielding - Lovage Amery runs a vintage ice cream van. (B+ at AAR)
- Best of Friends (9/1983) by Rebecca Flanders - HAR-24 - Kelly Mitchell is a phys. ed. teacher.
- Desert Fire (4/1984) by Rebecca Flanders - HAR-66 - Camp Campbell is a trucker.
- The Growing Season (9/1985) by Rebecca Flanders - HSR-180 - Pierce Lanson is a gigolo.
- The Third Time (10/1984) by Rebecca Flanders - HAR-74 - Dani Miller is a union organizer.
- Able-Bodied (2009) by Karen Foley - Hannah Hartwell is a New Age holistic health practitioner. (B- at AAR)
- Star-Crossed (2/1986) by Regan Forest - HT-95 - Brent King is a tour guide in the African bush.
- If Looks Could Kill (10/1991) by M.L. Gamble - HI-172 - Catherine Grand runs a celebrity look-alike business.
- True Confessions (2001) by Rachel Gibson - Hope Spencer is a tabloid journalist. (B at AAR)
- True Love and Other Disasters (2009) by Rachel Gibson - Faith Evans owns a hockey team. (B at AAR)
- To Die For (12/2000) by Sharon Green - HI-595 - Tanda Grail is is a police dog trainer.
- Blame It on Chocolate (2006) by Jennifer Greene - Lucy Fitzhenry is a chocolate flavor developer. (B at AAR)
- Vermont Valentine (2/2006) by Kristin Hardy - SSE-1739 - Jacob Trask is a maple farmer. (B at AAR)
- The Stone Forest (2002) by Karen Harper - Jenna Kirk designs and builds tree houses and Mace MacCamon is a geologist. (B at AAR)
- Shower of Stars (2004) by Nancy Herkness - Jack Lanett is a meteorite hunter.
- Cry No More (2003) by Linda Howard - Milla Boone traces missing children. (A- at AAR)
- Dying to Please (2002) by Linda Howard - Sarah Stevens is a butler. (B at AAR)
- Heart of Fire (1993) by Linda Howard - Jillian Sherwood is an archeologist. (B+ at AAR)
- Prey (2011) by Linda Howard - Dare Callahan and Angie Powell are hunting guides. (B at AAR)
- The One That Got Away (2013) by Kelly Hunter - Harlequin KISS, #1 - Evie is a civil engineer. (B at AAR)
- A Lot Like Love (2011) by Julie James - Jordan Rhodes owns a boutique wine shop. (B+ at AAR)
- One Night Rodeo (2012) by Lorelei James - Kyle Gilchrist is a bull rider and Celia Lawson is a barrel racer. (B+ at AAR)
- Gamemaster (6/1983) by Stephanie James (Jayne Ann Krentz) - SD-67 - Joel Cassidy runs a videogame empire.
- Sweet Return (2007) by Anna Jeffrey - Joanna Walsh is a free-range chicken farmer. (B at AAR)
- Absolute Trouble (1998) by Michelle Jerott - Dulcinea Quinn is a dollmaker and Julien Langlois is a stripper. (B+ at AAR)
- Her Bodyguard (2001) by Michelle Jerott - Lili Kavanaugh is a shoe designer. (B at AAR)
- Long after Midnight (1997) by Iris Johansen - Kate Denby is a research scientist.
- Mommy Said Goodbye (4/2004) by Janice Kay Johnson - HSR-1197 - Craig Lofgren is a commercial pilot. (B/B- at AAR)
- Falcon's Cry (8/1990) by Leona Karr - HI-144 - Corey McCalley is an aerie warden.
- Wild Rain (3/95) by Donna Kauffman - LS-732 - Jillian Bonner is a wildlife rehabilitator.
- Midnight Touch (6/2006) by Karen Kendall - HBZ-258 - Alejandro Torres is a male manicurist.
- Christmas in Toyland (12/1991) by Julie Kistler - HAR-418 - Kristina Castleberry and Tucker Bennett are toy designers.
- Rainshadow Road (2012) by Lisa Kleypas - Lucy Marinn is a glass artist. (A- at AAR)
- Delightful Jones (10/1998) by Patricia Knoll - HLAL-53 - Erin Jones is a butler.
- Edge of the World (1/1988) by Kathleen Korbel - SIM-222 - Stephanie Fleming is a film editor.
- When I Wake (2000) by Rachel Lee - Dugan Gallagher is an undersea salvage expert.
- Fallen From Grace (2003) by Laura Leone - Ryan Kendrick is a male escort. (A at AAR)
- Innocent as Sin (2007) by Elizabeth Lowell - Kayla Shaw is a private banker.
- Moving Target (2002) by Elizabeth Lowell - Erik North is a calligrapher and illustrator of Renaissance era text, an expert on illuminated Insular Celtic manuscripts. (B at AAR)
- Pearl Cove (1999) by Elizabeth Lowell - Archer Donovan and Hannah McGarry are in the pearl industry. (B+ at AAR)
- Making Him Sweat (2013) by Meg Maguire - Jenna Willinski is opening a matchmaking agency, Mercer Rowley runs an MMA gym.
- The Reluctant Nude (2011) by Meg Maguire - Max Emery is a sculptor. (B at AAR)
- Already Home (2011) by Susan Mallery - Jenna Stevens runs an upscale kitchen store. (B+ at AAR)
- Her Best Friend (2010) by Sarah Mayberry - Amy Parker is a movie theater owner.
- Dare to Trust (10/1985) by Anne McAllister - HR-2721 - Colin Davis is an archeologist.
- Through the Looking Glass (8/1990) by Joyce McGill - SIM-347 - Lisa Gillette is a miniature furniture designer.
- Dancing Shoes and Honky-tonk Blues (2007) by LuAnn McLane -Rio Martin is a dance instructor for a reality TV show. (A- at AAR)
- Spike Is Missing (4/1990) by Elda Minger - HAR-338 - Kevin MacClain is an animal trainer.
- Untamed Heart (6/1983) by Elda Minger - HAR-12 - Samantha Collins is an animal trainer.
- Skyward (2003) by Mary Alice Monroe - Harris Henderson runs a birds-of-prey bird sanctuary and rehabilitation center.
- Bringing up Baby (4/1986) by Diana Morgan - SCAL-329 - George Demarest is an efficiency expert.
- Man from Forever (2/1996) by Vella Munn - SIM-695 - Tory Kent is an anthropologist.
- Of Dolls and Angels (7/1992) by Virginia Nielsen - HSR-506 - Sara Eaton is a ventriloquist turned child psychologist.
- Her Freudian Slip (2009) by Erica Orloff - Julian Shaw is a shock jock. (A- at AAR)
- Heavens to Betsy (2005) by Beth Patillo - Betsy Blessing is a minister. (B at AAR)
- It Had to Be You (1994) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - Phoebe Sommerville manages a professional football team. (A at AAR)
- Kiss an Angel (1996) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - Alex Romanov is a circus manager and performer. (B+ at AAR)
- Match Me If You Can (2005) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - Annabelle Granger is a matchmaker and Heath Champion is a sports agent. (A at AAR)
- Kiss Me Once, Kiss Me Twice (2004) by Kimberly Raye - Skye Farrel teaches sexual fulfillment to women.
- Hawaiian Heat (2/1993) by Clare Richmond - HAR-476 - Rosie Clarke is a volcanologist.
- Walking on Air (8/1985) by Michele Robbe - CER-357 - Alexandra Prince crews a blimp.
- Blue Smoke (2005) by Nora Roberts - Reena Hale is a firefighter. (B at AAR)
- High Noon (2007) by Nora Roberts - Phoebe MacNamara is a crisis negotiator. (A- at AAR)
- Homeport (1998) by Nora Roberts - Miranda Jones is an Art academic and manages an art institute. (B/C+ at AAR)
- Honest Illusions (1994) by Nora Roberts - Luke Callahan and Roxy Nouvelle are both illusionists. (A at AAR)
- The Search (2010) by Nora Roberts - Fiona Bristow trains search and rescue dogs. (B at AAR)
- Tribute (2008) by Nora Roberts - Ford Sawyer is a graphic novelist. (B at AAR)
- On the Scent (4/1994) by M.J . Rodgers - HI-271 - Diann Torrey is a perfume creator. (A- at AAR)
- Santa Claus is Coming (12/1993) by M.J. Rodgers - HI-254 - Belle Breeze and Max Wilde are movie critics.
- One Way Out (3/2003) by Wendy Rosnau - SIM-1211 - Joey Masado is in the mafia.
- Last Man Standing (6/2003) by Wendy Rosnau - SIM-1227 - Lucky Masado is in the mafia.
- Suspended Animation (2/1987) by Jenna Ryan - HI-99 - Alex Cross owns an animation studio and Sara Moreland does voiceovers.
- The Tender Mending (2/1982) by Lia Sanders - CER-41 - Dee Woods produces educational filmstrips.
- Out of Control (8/1997) by Candace Schuler - HT-648 - Andrea Wagner is a construction foreman.
- After All These Years (7/1984) by Kathleen Gilles Seidel - HAR-2 - Tom Winchester is a historic preservationist.
- Again (1994) by Kathleen Gilles Seidel - Jenny Cotton is chief writer for a soap opera and Alec Cameron is a famous soap leading actor. (A at AAR)
- Maybe This Time (1990) by Kathleen Gilles Seidel - Emily Gordon is a manager of professional athletes.
- Summer's End (1999) by Kathleen Gilles Seidel - Amy is an Olympic Gold Medal skater. (A- at AAR)
- The Same Last Name (4/1983) by Kathleen Gilles Seidel - HAR-2 - April Peters is a forest ranger.
- Roughneck (1/1996) by Alexandra Sellers - SIM-689 - Josh Wrangler is a circus manager.
- Head Over Heels (2011) by Jill Shalvis - Chloe is an esthetician. (C+ at AAR)
- Her Perfect Stranger (5/2002) by Jill Shalvis - HT-878 - Mike Wright is a pilot for the space shuttle mission; Corrine Atkinson is the Mission Commander. (B at AAR)
- Home is Where the Bark Is (2010) by Kandy Shepherd - Serena Oakley owns a doggie daycare and spa. (B at AAR)
- Changing Places (11/1985) by Beverly Sommers - HAR-125 - Carol Jones writes greeting cards.
- Losing It (1/1989) by Beverly Sommers - HAR-278 - Holly Benson is a bail bondsman. (A at AAR)
- Of Cats and Kings (9/1987) by Beverly Sommers - HAR-216 - Harry Keyes is a cartoonist.
- Set the Dark on Fire (2009) by Jill Sorenson - Shay Phillips is a biologist. (B+ at AAR)
- Stranded With her Ex (2011) by Jill Sorenson - Daniela Flores is a marine biologist and Sean Carmichael is a shark expert. (A- at AAR)
- Seduction by Design (1/1983) by Erin St. Claire (Sandra Brown) - SD-41 - Hailey Ashton is the director of guest relations at an amusement park.
- Cache Poor (6/1993) by Margaret St. George (Maggie Osborne) - HI-230 - Sam Livingston is a videogame creator.
- Wonderful You (1998) by Mariah Stewart - Zoey Enright is a home shopping network host. (A- at AAR)
- Arousing Suspicions (2007) by Marianne Stillings - Tabitha March is a psychic dream interpreter. (A- at AAR)
- Hand in Glove (2/1987) by Anne Stuart - HI-59 - Ryan Smith is the leader of a puppeteering group.
- Grace Grows (2012) by Shelle Sumners - Grace Barnum is a textbook editor. (A- at AAR)
- Darkling I Listen (2001) by Katherine Sutcliffe - Alyson Farrington is a tabloid journalist. (A at AAR)
- Blue Ice (12/1990) by Marilyn Tracy - SIM-362 - Aleksandra Shashkevich is an art dealer and Jonathan Wyndham is an American Embassy Physician in Russia.
- An Unsuspecting Heart (8/1989) by Linda Turner - SIM-298 - Katie McDonald is a police beat reporter.
- Spangles (5/1985) by Irma Walker - HSR-163 - Tanya Rhodin is a lion trainer.
- Too Hot to Handle (2010) by Nancy Warren - Alexandra Drake is a jewelry designer. (A- at AAR)
- Coming on Strong (2009) by Tawny Weber - HBZ-462 - Belle Forsham is an event planner. (B at AAR)
- Some Kind of Magic (1998) by Theresa Weir - Daniel "Dylan" French is a professional chess player. (B+ at AAR)
- Between the Sheets (2008) by Robin Wells - Emma Jamison is a professional butler. (B at AAR)
- How to Score (2009) by Robin Wells - Sammi Matthews is a museum curator. (B at AAR)
- Heaven Sent (9/1987) by Jamisan Whitney - SCAL-423 - Sam Leung and Bree effries have rival bike messenger companies.
- For the Fun of It (1/1992) by Karen Toller Whittenburg - HAR-424 - Miranda Blue Garrison and Tad Denton are toymakers.
- Fireside (2009) by Susan Wiggs - Kim Van Dorn is a media trainer and a publicist for athletes. (B at AAR)
- Under His Spell (2/1985) by Lee Williams - SCAL-245 - Julian Sharpe is a magician.
- Love Me Like a Rock (6/1989) by Leigh Anne Williams - HAR-300 - Ethan Brody is an archeologist.
- Nowhere to Run (12/1991) by Mary Anne Wilson - SIM-410 - R.J. Tyler is a police psychologist.
- In the Midnight Rain (2000) by Ruth Wind - Blue Reynard is a botanist. (A- at AAR)
- O'Malley's Quest (12/1990) by Linda Randall Wisdom - HAR-372 - Kate O'Malley and Jared Wyatt are archeologists.
- Miranda Blue Calling (2004) by Michelle Curry Wright - Miranda Blue has a tele-companion service for homebound seniors and Billy Steadman is a hydroponic farmer. (B at AAR)
Alternate Reality, Paranormal, Science Fiction, Time Travel
- Water Bound (2010) by Christine Feehan - Rikki Sitmore is a sea urchin diver. (B+ at AAR)
- Dangerous Waters (1997) by Amy Fetzer - Victoria Mason is a bounty hunter.
- Skin Tight (2010) by Ava Gray - Mia Foster is a forensic accountant. (B+ at AAR)
- The Starry Child (1998) by Lynn Hanna - Matt Macinnes is a linguist.
- Something About Witches (2012) by Joey W. Hill - Ruby Night Devine owns a gunshop. (A- at AAR)
- Son of the Morning (1997) by Linda Howard - Grace St. John decodes ancient text. (B+ at AAR)
- Driven (2007) by Eve Kenin - Raina Bowen is a truck driver in an ice road race. (A- at AAR)
- One Magic Moment (2011) by Lynn Kurland - Tessa Alexander holds special dinners and reenactment events at a castle. (B+ at AAR)
- More than Magic (1999) by Kathleen Nance - Isis Montgomery is a perfumer. (B+/B- at AAR)
- Rebels and Lovers (2010) by Linnea Sinclair - Devin Guthrie is an accountant. (B+ at AAR)
- Body Electric (2002) by Susan Squires - Jodie, the hero, is a computer program. (B at AAR)
- Cinderman (3/1994) by Anne Stuart - HAR-525 - Dr. Daniel Crompton is a chemical fusion scientist. (A at AAR)
- After the Golden Age (2011) by Carrie Vaughn - Celia West in a forensic accountant. (B+ at AAR)
- The Other Guy's Bride (2011) by Connie Brockway- Genesse Braxton is an archaeologist. (B+ at AAR) (Historical Romance set in Egypt)
- Mistress of the Art of Death (2008) by Ariana Franklin- Adelia Aguilar is a female physician, and Rowley Picot is a tax collector. (Historical Mystery)
This list is closed.