AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This just stinks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: This just stinks Reply with quote

I am sure this family suspected what had happened. But given the circumstances there will be no real justice.

Quote:
A body found in a freezer belongs to woman missing for 28 years

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/a-body-found-in-a-freezer-belongs-to-woman-missing-for-28-years-20111203?obref=obinsite#ixzz1fZgDCO00LEWISTON, ME (AP) - Maine state police say human remains found inside a freezer in a Lewiston storage unit were those of a former girlfriend of the man who rented the unit.

Spokesman Steve McCausland says DNA tests performed at a laboratory in Pennsylvania confirmed the identity of Kitty Wardwell's body. The state medical examiner's office determined that Wardwell's death was a homicide, but the cause of her death was being withheld.

Wardwell's family was alerted Friday morning.

The storage unit was rented by Wardwell's former boyfriend Frank Julian, who died Oct. 1 at age 80. Wardwell had been missing for 28 years.

Julian told investigators he last saw 29-year-old Wardwell after an argument in 1983, when he left her at a motel in Salem, N.H.

It just burns me that for 30 years this guy lived his happy little life while that family suffered and that poor girl lay frozen.

maggie b.
Lynda X

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is a terrible injustice, plus it's just creepy, creepy. Let's hope there's justice, as I believe there is, in the next life.

As to the family knowing, I wouldn't be so sure. One of the worst serial (or as my students used to write, "cereal") murderers, BTK (I think) had video tapes of his torturing and killing his victims, plus terrible trophies out in the back shed. His family was forbidden to unlock or to go into the shed, and they observed that, thus remaining ignorant of his guilt. If I were living with such a violent person, I'd do whatever he/she said too.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking of her family. I am sure they knew she was gone. But still, to have to wait 30 years for the confirmation of who did it and where she was "buried" has to reopen the wounds for them.

As you said, justice in the after life.

maggie b.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: