AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rosalind Laker books

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bethaboo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Rosalind Laker books Reply with quote

Does anybody remember these? I found them when I was 15, in my local library, and devoured about 10 of them in a row. The romance in them isn't the most creative or original, but I loved the historical settings and the details she wove in about each heroine's creative passion.

My favorite was probably Banners of Silk, about a dressmaker and her friend, who became Charles Worth.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a few of her books- my favorite was "To Dance With Kings" it covered the lives of three generations of women all of whom had a connection to Versailles from the time Louis IV started renovating it up until the French Revolution. The first woman was a fan maker which I thought was interesting and her child and descendants rise up in rank.

They are definitely more Historical Novel with some romance than romance novel but I enjoyed them.
bethaboo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Dance with Kings was great too.

I just looked on amazon and she only has a few books on kindle, and each of them is over $10. I find this outrageous considering that most of these were published 20 years ago, and are available in mass market paperback.
NoirFemme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Rosalind Laker books Reply with quote

bethaboo wrote:
Does anybody remember these? I found them when I was 15, in my local library, and devoured about 10 of them in a row. The romance in them isn't the most creative or original, but I loved the historical settings and the details she wove in about each heroine's creative passion.

My favorite was probably Banners of Silk, about a dressmaker and her friend, who became Charles Worth.

That's my favorite Laker book as well!

Her more recent books have been really, really bad though...a shame because she could tell a really great story, with good romance and plenty of history.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: