AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paperback Swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Paperback Swap Reply with quote

Paperback Swap might have become more frustrating than it is worth.Anyone else noticing a difference? It was a nice way to find older books. Now it seems there are fewer books available without long waits. I wonder if members are dropping out. The biggest frustration is when members say they didn't get a book sent to them so I have to return the credit. Is there a way to check someone's record before sending a book? I see some senders are using receipts to prove people got the book, but that adds to the cost of mailing. I usually deal with Harlequin's because they are cheaper to mail but even at $1.88 it adds up. I'm thinking of dropping out.
willaful

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if ebooks are having an impact. Fewer print books bought means fewer to swap. Though it sometimes works the other way too -- when old, htf books are reissued as ebooks, they become more available.

How many claims of books not received have you had? I've been swapping for several years and I've never had one. It makes me wonder if there's a problem with your post office. I know some states are notorious for messing with media mail -- you might want to go check out the forum for post office questions and see if you're in one of them. Or if you've been mailing to one of them.
Kayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I went a long time without a problem. Now I have had 3 missing and 2 damaged. It would be nice to check a status before sending so if there is someone that is abusing the system, it would show. It really is on the honor system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: