AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hurricane Irene

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robiform

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Hurricane Irene Reply with quote

Here in Florida we are all very grateful that all we got was a very distant sideswipe from Irene! If any of you are in the path of the storm, stay safe, and I hope you made the proper preparations. Even though it's lost some of its wind strength, it's moving very slowly, and there's going to be a LOT of rain, flooding, etc.

And if you're a "True Blood" fan and you lose your power, satellite service or cable--well, hopefully you have "on demand" in case you miss tomorrow night's episode! Smile

In all seriousness, as the police sergeant used to say on "Hill Street Blues" (one of my all-time favorite TV shows!) "Let's be careful out there!"
jebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Irene Reply with quote

robiform wrote:
And if you're a "True Blood" fan and you lose your power, satellite service or cable--well, hopefully you have "on demand" in case you miss tomorrow night's episode! Smile

Too funny, robiform, that you mentioned this b/c I was just saying to my family "what if the power's out when TB's on?" Shocked Obviously, that's the least of our worries, but a worry nonetheless!

Yesterday was beautiful here in Jersey, just a few clouds. The rains and light winds have set in now and we're certainly prepared for worse. I must say the govenor has done an outstanding job of urging people to safety.
Fenwick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care. Irene is one massive slow moving storm!

One tip to add for your preparations. Fill up your bathtub. Put a big bucket or jug next to it. When the electricity lines come down, the toilet won't fill up after the flush! I learned that in our last outage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: