AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kindle MEGAfrustration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvarake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Kindle MEGAfrustration Reply with quote

I am now waiting to receive my 5th Kindle because they keep breaking. Each time it's a different problem and they're quick to send a replacement but this is ridiculous! I bought it in November of last year and I think the longest one has worked for me is 3 months. One of the replacements was broken when I got it. I just sent 2 back last week.

What happens when my 1 year warranty is up? When it breaks does that mean I will have paid full price to use the Kindle for a year?

I love this thing when it works but I am really losing patience now.
merryweather

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That is a little scary. My daughter's Kindle broke a few months ago--the screen got all wonked out--but the customer service was really fantastic and I was happy at how they replaced it so quickly. Though I was a little suspicious since they seemed so unsurprised that the machine broke--I wondered how many Kindles they replace every day. It must cost them around 25 cents to manufacture. Rolling Eyes
For the first time in her life, she saw exactly what she’d thrown away when she decided to have him by means fair or foul……that she’d not saved him but wronged him by consigning to him all the ability of a box turtle to make his own choices. ~Gigi
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I can't believe you have had such bad luck with your Kindles. I know some bad "apples" (no pun intended!) are inevitable with electronic technology but I have never heard of so many problems in a row. I had my K1 for over 3 years and just upgraded to a K3 a few months ago. I never had one lick of trouble with my K1 and just gave it to a friend. My new K3 is working like a charm so I guess I'll count myself lucky. It is such a wonderful device; I hope you can get one that works.
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinabelle wrote:
Wow! I can't believe you have had such bad luck with your Kindles. I know some bad "apples" (no pun intended!) are inevitable with electronic technology but I have never heard of so many problems in a row. I had my K1 for over 3 years and just upgraded to a K3 a few months ago. I never had one lick of trouble with my K1 and just gave it to a friend. My new K3 is working like a charm so I guess I'll count myself lucky. It is such a wonderful device; I hope you can get one that works.

My experience has been close to that of Tinabelle. I had my K1 for three years before replacing with a K3 and I did so then only because I wanted the new features – it always performed well. However, I had purchased the cover Amazon offered for the K3 that they later found to be defective (Kindles developed problems while using the cover). Sure enough, within two months of using that cover, my K3 went on the fritz, Amazon replaced immediately, and I quit using my defective cover. Since then, my K3 has worked like a dream.

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
iluvarake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee- Was yours the lighted cover? What problem does it cause? The technician said my lighted cover wasn't the problem because each time it's been a different snafu. My new(est) one came this morning. Here's hoping this one is the keeper.
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iluvarake wrote:
Lee- Was yours the lighted cover? What problem does it cause? The technician said my lighted cover wasn't the problem because each time it's been a different snafu. My new(est) one came this morning. Here's hoping this one is the keeper.

It wasn't the cover with a light. In fact, they offered me a significant credit toward the purchase of the lighted cover since they were basically without a regular cover for purchase at that moment. I know it caused a variety of problems but mine was primarily a rebooting issue. It rebooted over and over and over. I discovered the cover problem not through Amazon but right here on AAR's boards.

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
desiderata

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your bad experiences. I had a K1 for about three years when it just froze up and nothing worked. I have a K3 now and have for almost a year and not a problem. Maybe you've just hit a bad batch of them. Hope this one works well.
doreenahk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on my third Kindle and it works fine. The second Kindle from Amazon also worked perfectly but I sent it back because it was the wrong color. My problem with my original Kindle was that it would not hold a charge for very long; I suspect it may have had something to do with the hinged cover I was using.
utoeid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the K2 for over 3 years and no problems at all. I love it. it is a shame to hear of some many folks having problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: