AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Romantic Thing Ever Done For You?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hopeless_Romantic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Most Romantic Thing Ever Done For You? Reply with quote

I hope this is the correct section!

Since we're all here because we enjoy the romance genre, I would love to hear about the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you. Very Happy
anastacyann

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not sound very romantic, but I enjoyed it...I was given a day of peace and quiet to read and relax. Didn't have to work, do chores, deal with any crisis that popped up, etc. Just a day to unwind. It was heaven.
Eggletina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one of our first dates my husband cooked for me (I do so love a man who can cook). Two or three months later we went camping with friends and it rained, water seeped into the tent, and he let me lay on top of him so I wouldn't get wet.
SusanS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Most romantic thing Reply with quote

My dh and I had a long distance relationship when we first met. He sold half of his baseball card collection to buy an airplane ticket to come visit me.

Last year when our local grocery store stopped carrying my favorite bulk candy, he found an online source for them and sent me 2 pounds of cinnamon disks. More romantic to me than flowers or jewelry.
MrsFairfax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A young man named Tom once carried me over a mud puddle.

He was hands-down the most romantic guy I ever met, with a talent for saying things that made your heart melt without being sappy (or even suggestive). But alas, I had a crush on his best friend. I do hope the girl who got Tom appreciates him. I love my husband but he's not the romantic gesture type, so Tom's Sir Galahad moment still wins in that category.
Sandy AAR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say the loveliest thing ever done for me was by a stranger.

I turned 21 and I was at home for the summer in a small Virginia town. My sister sent me roses for my 21st birthday and I will not forget the sight of the owner of the flower shop at my front door with this enormous bouquet of 21 long stemmed red roses. I was overwhelmed.

I called my sister to thank her and she said, "gosh, I sent you a dozen roses. He gave you the wrong order!" My mom called the florist and he said that "every young girl should have 21 red roses on her 21st birthday." Kind and sweet and utterly and completely lovely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: