AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the best Kindle cover?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellen AAR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: What's the best Kindle cover? Reply with quote

I am thisclose to buying a Kindle with wi-fi and 3G. What's the best cover for it? I plan to carry it around a lot and I need some protection for it.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ellen,

I wish I had some expert cover advice to give you but when I traveled with mine I popped it into a Vera Bradley zippered carrier I had on hand.

I am thinking about getting something better so I am interested in recommendations as well.

I am also intrigued by the "skins" you can stick right on the Kindle to prevent scratches some of them look really beautiful.
Ellen AAR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh great idea. Our university bookstore sells Vera Bradley.....I think I'll go check it out and maybe ask for the leather Kindle cover for Christmas.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Kindle leather cover ("burgundy", but looks like red) at Amazon when I got my new one. I can't quite figure out how the Kindle is supposed to stay in the cover, although mine seems to with no problems.

I haven't seen the "skins" anywhere, but those sound intriguing.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to some of the Kindle skins on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_electronics?_encoding=UTF8&node=172282&field-brandtextbin=DecalGirl

Decal girl's seem to be the prettiest, but you can only get the free Amazon shipping for the newest Kindle and I have the Kindle 2 (grumble grumble)

I will have to get the Kindle 2 version through Decal Girl's website and pay shipping. It looks like people really like them and it seems she makes them for every type of e-reader and electronics imaginable.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, ChrisReader. She really has a lot of them.
Ellen AAR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I bought the Kindle and I also bought the black leather cover for it.

Swoon!

I love it!! I don't think I will buy a skin - I like the dark gray color. The kindle slipped right into the cover and it looks very nice indeed.
Diana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very pleased with the cover with the light built in. The prettiest covers though are at OberonDesign.com.
Danielle D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a JAVOEdge cover that opens from bottom to top and I love it because I can stand it up on a pillow or a lap table and read it hands free execpt to change the page.

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
sandilib

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a leather cover from Oberon Design

http://www.oberondesign.com/

It is beautiful, but most importantly, the leather is fairly thick. My Kindle has fallen a couple of times, and that cover really protected it.

The cover is relatively expensive, but honestly, I think it is worth every penny. With Xmas coming, maybe a subtle hint to your entourage....

They actually do covers for all kinds of ereaders, not just Kindle.
Zachary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that you should get the leather cover. You can be sure that it will not slide wherever you go. This cover is lightweight and it really protects your gadgets from scratches.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the "official" leather covers for the Kindle 3. I inadvertently took it out of the cover, and now absolutely can't figure out how to get the little prong things back in the holes. I'm feeling like a complete idiot, and am actually thinking of getting a different cover. I'm still using it, and the strap does seem to keep it secure, but would really like to figure out how to get the prongs back in the holes. Has this happened to anyone else?
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't checked the General Chat Forum in a while so I am late to this party. I would highly recommend the Oberon covers. While they are a bit pricey, the quality and workmanship is excellent. Their covers are just gorgeous and will last forever.
doreenahk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon is offering a promotional credit/refund on their hinged unlighted leather cover and/or a free upgrade to their lighted leather cover. Apparently, some rebooting and rapid battery drainage issues have been associated with their unlighted cover. You don't even have to return the cover back to Amazon. I opted for an M-Edge Executive Kindle Jacket. It's pricy and not as nice as the original Amazon leather cover (not real leather) but it suffices.
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doreenahk wrote:
Amazon is offering a promotional credit/refund on their hinged unlighted leather cover and/or a free upgrade to their lighted leather cover. Apparently, some rebooting and rapid battery drainage issues have been associated with their unlighted cover. You don't even have to return the cover back to Amazon. I opted for an M-Edge Executive Kindle Jacket. It's pricy and not as nice as the original Amazon leather cover (not real leather) but it suffices.

doreenahk - Thanks for posting this. Amazon just replaced my Kindle 3 a few days ago because of constant rebooting. And I have this leather cover. After seeing your post, I emailed Amazon and received a full refund for the cover plus the credit towards a lighted cover if I so wish. I feel like this is a save - I had that cover on my replacement Kindle.

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: