AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead - inspirational film about health

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvarake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead - inspirational film about health Reply with quote

www.FatSickandNearlyDead.com has a lot of info about the film. In it a middle-aged Australian man named Joe Cross determined to address his heath problems (obesity and a painful autoimmune disorder that put him on high doses of harmful medicines) by doing a 60 day juice fast. He ate only freshly squeezed fruits and vegetables and thereby provided his body with the ultimate fuel for healing.

During the film he talks to a lot of people about the juice fast and most people think it's a crazy idea. But not Phil Staples, a morbidly obese truck driver who suffers from the same painful autoimmune illness that Joe learned how to virtually eliminate. Phil actually took Joe up on his offer to help him set up his own juice fast for health and the relationship between these two men and the passing on of this lifegiving knowledge are the heart of this film. Phil himself begins to teach others in his community about this dramatic plan for improving health. This section of the film is quite moving and inspirational.

The film FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DEAD is available for streaming on Netflix. http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Fat_Sick_Nearly_Dead/70173634?trkid=2361637

It's had a big effect on me. I'm beginning a juice fast this week on my 51st birthday to deal with my chronic illness which is fibromyalgia. It has very negatively impacted my life since I developed it after the birth of my daughter almost 8 years ago. It has lately become so bad I'm in constant pain despite meds and have no energy to be properly active for my daughter. So I'm trying this for me and my daughter and for the hope of feeling like myself again instead of like a woman old before her time.

Maybe you all should seek it out particularly if you're dealing with chronic illness or obesity and see if you'd be willing to give it a chance. One thing I want to emphasize though is that the program calls for a radical change in diet even after the fast is over. If we go right back to the foods that made us fat or unwell before we'll just regain the weight and health issues all over again. So after the fast your diet is basically vegetarian with unlimited servings of fruits, vegetables and beans and legumes and limited daily portions of whole grains and nuts. If you can't stand the idea of giving up meat entirely they recommend you have 2 meals a week with a small serving of lean protein especially fish or chicken. Sweets and oils and highly processed foods are only eaten rarely.

The maintenance diet afterward is actually based on Eat To Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman who has helped thousands of people overcome and REVERSE chronic illness like diabetes and heart disease with his plan.

I'm officially starting Tuesday so I'll post updates here if anyone's interested in the process.
Kayne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: diet Reply with quote

I read your post with interest and am sorry to hear of your disability. Have you seen the movie Supersize Me. It was inspirational along with Jaime Oliver's Ted Talk (he won the million dollar prize) and Food Revolution Show. I like Jaime Oliver's cause of changing food lunches.
Rylan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sharing.
I also was watch this movie.
It totally made on health and fitness.
I think we could get much information about health
to watch this movie.
Charlotte McClain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard about this movie, but haven't seen it yet. It sounds really fascinating and I wish I had the willpower to stick to a program like that. How is it going for you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: