AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for good travel shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Looking for good travel shows Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend any good travel shows? Seems I am watching HG Tv's International Homebuyers shows just to be able to see some fun internation travel. What travel shows do you like? Thks
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that public television has a lot of great travel shows. Some that I enjoy are: Rick Steves, Rudy Maxa's World, Smart Travels w/Rudy Maxa, Equitrekking, Globe Trekker, The Seasoned Traveler, Art Wolfe's Travels to the Edge, Burt Wolf: Travels and Traditions, Passport to Adventure and Travelscope. Most PBS stations rotate their lineup but I would check your local listings for some of these shows.

I used to watch a lot of shows on the Travel Channel but now it seems they mostly show cooking shows like Bizaare Foods or ghost hunting shows. Kind of like A & E - they have morphed from a station that showed quality arts programming to reality shows like The Real Housewives of... What a shame.
Kayne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thks for your list of shows for me to try. Some of these are available on my Video on Demand. The only one I had heard of before was Rick Steves. I have also watched Samantha Brown. I used to watch Anthony Bordain, but not so much any more. I agree with you on the Travel Channel. What a disappointment. Thanks again. K

Tinabelle wrote:
I have found that public television has a lot of great travel shows. Some that I enjoy are: Rick Steves, Rudy Maxa's World, Smart Travels w/Rudy Maxa, Equitrekking, Globe Trekker, The Seasoned Traveler, Art Wolfe's Travels to the Edge, Burt Wolf: Travels and Traditions, Passport to Adventure and Travelscope. Most PBS stations rotate their lineup but I would check your local listings for some of these shows.

I used to watch a lot of shows on the Travel Channel but now it seems they mostly show cooking shows like Bizaare Foods or ghost hunting shows. Kind of like A & E - they have morphed from a station that showed quality arts programming to reality shows like The Real Housewives of... What a shame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: