AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our pets--sharing stories and photos...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
Oh, so cute LInda! And I use the same voice with our dogs and I suppose the cat too. It's funny, our sheltie is obsessed with his frisbee too and can catch it like Ranger. They might just have the same sort of personality! I should do that with my iphone, but I don't know how to post it. Yeah, I know...I'm hopeless!
Good to hear about your pug too. I'm so glad he is feeling better. Animals rarely let us know when something is wrong, so don't feel guilty about that. At least you caught it before it became really serious.

Xina, glad I am not the only one, lol! I wonder what our two pups would do if they ever got together? Probably fight over the frisbee, haha. Very Happy

LOL...It would be interesting LInda. Jasper is not an alpha dog, he is too goofy for that. He has played frisbee at the cabin with another dog, and he always gives it up! He's really silly...[/quote]
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
LOL...It would be interesting Linda. Jasper is not an alpha dog, he is too goofy for that. He has played frisbee at the cabin with another dog, and he always gives it up! He's really silly...

That's cute, Ranger isn't alpha either, our pug can steal his frisbee and he'll try to work it back but without getting aggressive. I don't know if he'd let a dog take it that he didn't know, lol.

Do you go through a lot of them? We go through 1 a month at least because he chews on them so much. And I can't get the cheap kind either, I have to get the more rubbery kind. When I tried to get the cheaper plastic ones they were too hard and he would actually cut his mouth on them when they broke.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[

Do you go through a lot of them? We go through 1 a month at least because he chews on them so much. And I can't get the cheap kind either, I have to get the more rubbery kind. When I tried to get the cheaper plastic ones they were too hard and he would actually cut his mouth on them when they broke.

Linda

I don't buy the hard ones either Linda. They are much too hard plastic. I buy the Chuck-It brand...well, we have 2 that are of that brand. His favorite is an orange one that he's had since a puppy, and yes..it is really chewed up. I can't bear to throw it away yet. It still works too! I have to put them in a closet, because if he gets them when he's inside, he'll take them and chew them. Not much of a chewer otherwise, but those frisbee things are his, so he chews them. And it's one toy our Beagle does not want for himself. The Beagle does not share. Smile Typical Beagle. And yes...they are expensive! I did find one at Walmart that was less expensive. It looks like a mini trampoline, but really flies when you throw it. I think it was 3.00. good price.
Leigh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't know that this tread was here. . I will have to post some pictures of my crew. . .but first they need grooming.

I am off to check the symptoms of Lyme disease. Of my dogs has quit jumping up on the bed. i figured it was old age. . but maybe it is more.
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd love to see them, Leigh. Actually, this is the third thread about pets, I think. It's active enough to keep resurrecting from time to time.
xina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh wrote:
Wow, I didn't know that this tread was here. . I will have to post some pictures of my crew. . .but first they need grooming.

I am off to check the symptoms of Lyme disease. Of my dogs has quit jumping up on the bed. i figured it was old age. . but maybe it is more.

My Beagle did the same thing..stopped jumping on the bed, and I was worried about Lyme Disease...he really loves to be on the bed and even under the covers! I looked up all the symptoms too, and after reading about Linda's dog, I was thinking he might very well have it too. I took him to the vet and they did the test, but it was negative...thankfully. She prescribed an anti-inflammatory pill for when he seemed to be limping. He did just a bit. It seemed to work, and it actually went away. He jumps on the bed all the time now. He is aging..almost 9. She thought it might be a little arthritis too.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh wrote:

Leigh, we would love to see pics of your crew!! How old is your dog that's quit jumping on the bed?

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a cute photo that my daughter sent to me. It's a mutual encounter between my almost-6-month-old granddaughter and one of their two cats. It almost looks as though each is saying: "Who are you?"

LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an adorable photo, Tee. They look like they're staring each other down.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Tee! They are certainlly checking each other out! Your granddaughter is precious. Congratulations. I'll bet the two of them will become buddies. Smile
Tee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, LinnieGayl and xina. I am biased, of course, but I thought it was a cute photo, too. They seem to be very intent with each other.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitty is saying..."Look into my eyes and do my bidding...you know you will eventually." Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited, I think I will be picking out a new Pug puppy tomorrow! Very Happy

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, does that mean you'll have two pugs now and Ranger?
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
I thought this was a cute photo that my daughter sent to me. It's a mutual encounter between my almost-6-month-old granddaughter and one of their two cats. It almost looks as though each is saying: "Who are you?"

How did I miss this?! Adorable, both! Lol

Tee, yep it will mean 2 pugs and Ranger, my husband is shaking his head in resignation, lol. Since I'm cut off for having any more kids this is our compromise. Very Happy

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: