AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is the worst hero to be successfullly reformed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissRubyJones

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlotteJ wrote:
Actually I think this award should go to a TV anti-hero.

Luke Spencer from General Hospital.

He raped Laura. She dumps her husband for him. They get married and 30 million viewers skip school and work to watch their wedding. Elizabeth Taylor even shows up to curse them.

Then he becomes mayor of the city.

Talk about a turnaround LOL.

Fascinating discussion -- as a lover of bad boys, I saw many very familiar names here, and added a few books to my TBR pile.

However, I'm going to have to agree with CharlotteJ -- there's just no beating Luke Spencer, lol. Who had the added handicap/obstacle of having the WORST hairdo ever on TV. Period.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came across a new contender in this category. It's Lucas Taggert in Simply Love by Catherine Anderson. I just borrowed the Kindle version from my library and as I started it I realized I had read it when it was originally released in the '90's. I was really pleased because it's a good'un.

Lucas is a guy who happened to strike it rich as a gold miner in 1880's Colorado. When the story starts he's been rich as Croesus for long enough to be bored by it. When he meets the heroine, Cassandra, her innocence and spirit catch his eye and he decides she's the cure for what ails him so he wants to acquire her as his live-in mistress. When her miner father indicates that his daughter is not for sale no matter the price Luke is shockingly ruthless at getting his way. Spoiler: He actually has the girl's father and brother arrested and then tricks the girl into signing a contact as his "paid companion".

This book is so hilarious because the heroine is SO innocent that it's practically a mental disability and he can't figure out how to tell her what he expects from her because he's practically never known a woman who wasn't a prostitute - really, he was "raised" in a brothel by the worst freaking mother you've ever heard of. It's a good thing there are so many laughs in the first half because of course he busts Cassie's heart to pieces when she discovers what he's done. The book concludes with a sincere and very effective grovel.

I highly recommend this book with the slight criticism that the heroine is unbelievably innocent to the point of idiocy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: