AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Royal Wedding: How ready are you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

library addict wrote:

I was living in England during Charles & Diana's wedding and when William and Harry were born.

OK, I am now excruciatingly jealous . . . . .

maggie b.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMcA wrote:
Do you get 'My big fat gypsy wedding'? Because those dresses are truly poof to the ultimate. The dressmaker featured on the programme said that it's almost a point of honour for the bride to be left with scars from the weight of the dress.

No, we do have a show called My Big Fat Redneck Wedding but why torture myself? I was forced to attend one once, that was plenty of that for me, thanks.

MMcA wrote:
As for the wedding, yes, we're looking forward to it. I even splashed out £6 on the 'Kate and William: the Movie' dvd, because the trailers made it look pretty dreadful, so I thought we could watch that on the day as well. We'd been planning to watch 'The Prince and Me: 3' as a wonderfully awful film with a Royal Wedding theme, but 'Kate and William' might be even more fun.

We'll do sandwiches and things on cakestands and there was talk of refusing entry to anyone not wearing a hat. Maybe some sort of fruit punch, but it's just so early in the day...

LOL, I didn't even think about hats. Should keep those in mind.

maggie b.
library addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire wrote:
I remember setting my alarm clock for 4am for Princess Di when I was in high school and then it seemed to take forever until the actual wedding took place. Does anyone know the time of this ceremony?
Claire, the wedding itself is scheduled to begin at 11am local time.

Here's the schedule from the BBC's site http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13094398

1015 - The groom and Prince Harry arrive at Westminster Abbey
1051 - The bride, and her father, leave the Goring Hotel for the abbey
1100 - The marriage service begins
1230 - The bride's carriage procession arrives at Buckingham Palace
1325 - The Queen and the bride and groom appear on the balcony
1330 - Fly past by the Royal Air Force and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight

Maggie, I loved living there and would like to go back at some point. I was there when I was in junior high and my first three years of High School (my dad was in the Air Force).

Last edited by library addict on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention that my other daughter has been living in London for the past 2 1/2 years and she's close to all the festivities. When Pope Benedict wound thru the streets to the park where he was attending the vigil service, she literally walked out her door and down a few streets and took pictures of him. I'm guessing she'll probably attempt to do something similar with the wedding. In June she'll be moving to Copenhagen, but was happy to still be in London for the wedding.
Claire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks library addict... I'll be setting my clock for super early then. I can't wait to see what she wears and hope to see Kate get a very romantic kiss from Willian on the balcony.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no interest in watching the royal wedding. I wish the couple well, but that is the total amount of my involvement. I don't remember watching much of the Charles/Diana wedding; I remember going to a movie with my sons that day. It was in the summer wasn't it?

However, I WAS pretty much glued to the TV screen for Diana's funeral! What does that say about me?

Kay
Marilyn.K

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from me too, Library Addict, for the wedding schedule. That helps a lot.

Thanks, also, for the TLC suggestion. I never thought about that possibility. Smile
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betty Crocker has some interesting recipes for the wedding:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/menus-holidays-parties/parties-and-get-togethers/weddings/royal-wedding/?WT.ac=Home_slide_0_042611_CTA_royal_wedding

maggie b.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm ready, ready for it to be over with so I can stop hearing about it! Razz Very Happy

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Oh I'm ready, ready for it to be over with so I can stop hearing about it! Razz Very Happy

That's for sure.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be getting up for the wedding but I will click on the TV later to see the dress, if they used a carriage, what tiara she wore etc.

I'm curious to see if Kate Middleton shakes it up a bit and does something different with her hair or selects a different style dress than what she always seems to wear. She's very fashionable and chooses sleek looks and gathered details but there is a sameness to it at times.

I'm not suggesting anything wild, just maybe hair up or curled and a dress with some interesting details. I'm wondering how much she will "rock the boat" so to speak.

Based on the guy who did the flowers (who is the only one who commented on anything) the decoration style is more minimalist and there will be trees lining Westminster Abbey.

I'm sick of the coverage, but only because there is really nothing to cover yet! It's all people speculating and making stuff up. There's only so much you can say about... nothing.
merryweather

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:

I'm sick of the coverage, but only because there is really nothing to cover yet! It's all people speculating and making stuff up. There's only so much you can say about... nothing.

I know--it's so funny when they bring these people on who say "I'm not doing the cake, but if I WERE, here's what I would do," or "I'm not going to the wedding, but I THINK it'll be like this." Filler, filler, filler. I still watch a it--can't seem to help myself.
For the first time in her life, she saw exactly what she’d thrown away when she decided to have him by means fair or foul……that she’d not saved him but wronged him by consigning to him all the ability of a box turtle to make his own choices. ~Gigi
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that any of us here pretend to know about these things, but certain important people in Britain have been snubbed from being invited to the nuptials. I thought this article from MSNBC was fairly enlightening. How do you invite two former prime ministers and not invite the other two? At the same time, some leaders from some rather small countries have received an invite. I know they have their reasons, but the prime-minister one does baffle me. It would be like inviting a couple of former presidents here, but not all. I think we treat them similarly when it involves certain occasions.

http://windsorknot.today.com/_news/2011/04/27/6543718-wedding-invite-list-contains-serious-political-snubs
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my coworkers is having a royal wedding breakfast starting at 5:00 am. We are to wear a hat 'grin'
xina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Not that any of us here pretend to know about these things, but certain important people in Britain have been snubbed from being invited to the nuptials. I thought this article from MSNBC was fairly enlightening. How do you invite two former prime ministers and not invite the other two? At the same time, some leaders from some rather small countries have received an invite. I know they have their reasons, but the prime-minister one does baffle me. It would be like inviting a couple of former presidents here, but not all. I think we treat them similarly when it involves certain occasions.

http://windsorknot.today.com/_news/2011/04/27/6543718-wedding-invite-list-contains-serious-political-snubs

I find it odd that Fergie (Sarah, Duchess of York..not the singer Smile ) is not invited. That just seems strange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: