AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-Book Bargains
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merryweather

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willaful wrote:
The English Witch, the follow-up to Isabella, is $2.99. I liked it much more.

Ohh...Basil gets reformed. Thanks for the tip--just bought it.
For the first time in her life, she saw exactly what she’d thrown away when she decided to have him by means fair or foul……that she’d not saved him but wronged him by consigning to him all the ability of a box turtle to make his own choices. ~Gigi
merryweather

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had to say--I just finished The English Witch and loved it.

A big however: I know I've read this comment already in some thread but I agree with the complaint about the execrable typos, dropped sentences, and repeated phrases. My cat could have edited this book better or translated it to Kindle. Seriously, I have some free time and would love to clean this novel up--Amazon, call me!
Rolling Eyes
For the first time in her life, she saw exactly what she’d thrown away when she decided to have him by means fair or foul……that she’d not saved him but wronged him by consigning to him all the ability of a box turtle to make his own choices. ~Gigi
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merryweather wrote:
Just had to say--I just finished The English Witch and loved it.

A big however: I know I've read this comment already in some thread but I agree with the complaint about the execrable typos, dropped sentences, and repeated phrases. My cat could have edited this book better or translated it to Kindle. Seriously, I have some free time and would love to clean this novel up--Amazon, call me!
Rolling Eyes

I love the English Witch. Out of all her small regencies, this is my favorite.
Minerva

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wickedly Charming by Kristin Grayson is available for free from Amazon and B&N.

It sounds like fun and its been on my tbr pile for a while. It received a B review here.
http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=8407

Who doesn't want to read a romance with Prince Charming as a bookstore owner?
Leigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minerva wrote:
Wickedly Charming by Kristin Grayson is available for free from Amazon and B&N.

It sounds like fun and its been on my tbr pile for a while. It received a B review here.
http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=8407

Who doesn't want to read a romance with Prince Charming as a bookstore owner?

Thanks, I ordered it. . .
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the Grayson too! Thanks for the heads-up.

I recently found two books for free on BN.com that are easy reading. I don't have the author's names in front of me but they're titled Damian's Oracle and The Mating. Neither one is worth jumping up and down over, but both are very well worth the price.
willaful

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wendydfw wrote:
I'm getting the Grayson too! Thanks for the heads-up.

I recently found two books for free on BN.com that are easy reading. I don't have the author's names in front of me but they're titled Damian's Oracle and The Mating. Neither one is worth jumping up and down over, but both are very well worth the price.

The author of the Mating is Nicky Charles and there are others free books in that series at Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=nicky+charles
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read the Charles books, willaful? I enjoyed the first and downloaded the next two, but haven't gotten to them yet.
willaful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't, way too many books on my plate right now! NetGalley did me in. But what a way to go. Laughing
PWNN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara Samuel/Ruth Wind: Jezebel's Blues is 99 cents on Amazon & B&N (and most likely others)

Product Description

When the Jezebel River overflows her banks and tries to swallow the small town of Gideon in East Texas, Celia Moon is alone and frightened in the farmhouse she inherited from her grandmother. When a mesmerizing and troubled drifter washes up on her porch, she has no choice but to take him in. As the river rises, the pair retreat to the attic to ride out the storm—and discover a compelling attraction.

A RITA award finalist.
Minerva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted this on the Elizabeth Hoyt thread, but I thought I'd put it here as well....

Elizabeth Hoyt just released a novella that is available for free at Amazon and B&N.

Clever John

From Amazon:
A delightful fairy tale from the New York Times bestselling author Elizabeth Hoyt. CLEVER JOHN gives readers an early glimpse inside Hoyt's next Maiden Lane novel, SCANDALOUS DESIRES. Extended preview of SCANDALOUS DESIRES included.
Danielle D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minerva wrote:
I just posted this on the Elizabeth Hoyt thread, but I thought I'd put it here as well....

Elizabeth Hoyt just released a novella that is available for free at Amazon and B&N.

Clever John

From Amazon:
A delightful fairy tale from the New York Times bestselling author Elizabeth Hoyt. CLEVER JOHN gives readers an early glimpse inside Hoyt's next Maiden Lane novel, SCANDALOUS DESIRES. Extended preview of SCANDALOUS DESIRES included.

This is also free over at Sony.

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
willaful

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurry... The Surgeon's Lady by Carla Kelly is a $1 ebook today: http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/index.php?page=deal_of_the_day

This may last through tomorrow morning, they don't always change the deal right away.
graceC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne Stuart has re-released some of her older / out of print books through Amazon at $3.99 a piece. The titles include: Moonrise, Ritual Sins, Seen & Not Heard, Against the Wind, the Maggie Bennets trilogy (Darkness Before Dawn, Edge of the Sun, Escape Out of Darkness).

Announcement can be found on her website here:
http://anne-stuart.com/home.html

The Maggie Bennet trilogy has been selling on Ebay for triple that a piece so $3.99 as eBook is a steal!

BTW - she just released the latest 'Ice' book as e-Book. It's all on her website.
Kathy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I love this thread. I check it regularly because I have found some really great bargains on books I can't find in print or are only available if I pay an arm and a leg.

Thanks specifically to graceC for the alert on Anne Stuart's e-book re-release bargains. One that I wanted to get that was not released on e-book format was Nightfall, and it was selling on Amazon for almost $30.00 Shocked
Thank goodness I found it at the UBS this past weekend and for only $2.50. Razz
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: