AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Primrose by Lisa Valdez....excerpt
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Primrose by Lisa Valdez....excerpt Reply with quote

Here is an excerpt for Primrose from Lisa Valdez.

http://www.lisavaldez.com/primrose.html

Under a 5 year wait I hope! Smile
Claire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh oh, here we go! Very Happy What can she possibly do to top Patience?? Standing up, upside down sex? Oh I forgot, she already DID THAT! Thanks xina! I can't wait to read this.....

Ok, just read it. I can't wait! It looks fabulous! It looks like its out soon. Of course, your right xina.. who knows when?
Danielle D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Primrose by Lisa Valdez....excerpt Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Here is an excerpt for Primrose from Lisa Valdez.

http://www.lisavaldez.com/primrose.html

Under a 5 year wait I hope! Smile

Maybe a 4 1/2 year wait!!!! Very Happy Wink

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
xina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking the posting of excerpt is good news! Hopefully, we won't be posting about this a year from now! Smile The excerpt gives me hope that it won't be such a long wait. Looks good too.
mirole

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this during my lunch today. I didn't particularly like the description of the sex scene, only because it lacked the novelty of Passion where the sex also starts almost on page one.
BUT I thought there was a potential for a great story and I cannot wait!

I was shaking when I finished, impatient to know what would happen next.

I didn't like the excerpt for Patience although I am still planning on reading it at some point but with Primrose now I am hooked and do hope it will be finished soon.
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I shouldn't have read the excerpt before going to bed last night. If the rest of the book is as good, it'll be one of those that keeps you up at night worrying about the H/H.

What in the world happened to the hero that he thinks he's so nasty?
mirole

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS for the excerpt if someone wants to read it first

wendydfw,
it's pretty obvious I think. His first wife must have committed suicide if her letter is any indication. Also there is a reference to the blood on his hands for the second time.
Also it's obvious from his wife's letter that she was treating him horribly while convincing him HE was a horrible human being or even a monster. It's clear that she hated sex.
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirole wrote:
SPOILERS for the excerpt if someone wants to read it first

wendydfw,
it's pretty obvious I think. His first wife must have committed suicide if her letter is any indication. Also there is a reference to the blood on his hands for the second time.
Also it's obvious from his wife's letter that she was treating him horribly while convincing him HE was a horrible human being or even a monster. It's clear that she hated sex.

Right you are. I missed the part where she made him feel badly about himself (the drunk/infected part), and without that it seemed she was just a rambling vindictive psycho. I thought the letter might make him feel sad or guilty, but the nasty part had me scratching my head.

I was more tired than I thought, apparently. Thanks.
charisma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Primrose When... Reply with quote

Just read the excerpt for Lisa Valdez's Primrose, & it sounds pretty good!!! Hopefully, & I'm sure I'm not the only one, who expects a release date in the near future, and not in 5 yrs time...
angela

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES YES YES...ok sorry..I love the first 2 books and I am soooo looking forward to Primrose.

Ok quick question...Was Luke mentioned in the first 2 books that we know of? I guess I'm gonna have to go back and check through them.
mirole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I loved the excerpt and am hooked for the rest of the book, and, like most of you, I hope we will see the book sooner than later, I respect a writer's right to work at their own pace. Not everybody can write a novel a year. I know that some readers were very upset with Lisa Valdez and promised to boycott Patience b/c of the long wait.
If it takes her five years to write a good novel, I am OK with that.
charisma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: No way Reply with quote

Yeah right...
Her publishers must be finding it very difficult with her... My issue is why post an excerpt, so early, when it'll take you another (God knows how many years), to complete the book? I have lost interest in Lisa Valdez. I thought she showed promise, and talent, because you can see exactly what she intends for the reader to see, but not producing when the time asks for it? this is simply bizarre. The demand is too high, and there isn't enough supply to sustain it. I have moved on to other authors, who deliver as needed. No one says not to take the time to write an awesome book, but writing books with a 5 yr interval, especially in the competitive market of romance novels, where many authors are brilliantly prolific, is i find, quite harmful to one's career...
Claire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charisma or anyone for that matter!...what have you heard in terms when Primrose will be released?
cdnreader

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Claire,

Lisa Valdez just updated her website as of October 2011. She says she is still working the story and does not have release date.

Maybe 2012 is too optimistic!
Claire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdnreader wrote:
Hi Claire,

Lisa Valdez just updated her website as of October 2011. She says she is still working the story and does not have release date.

Maybe 2012 is too optimistic!

I was just going through this thread and I started posting in February- about 8 months ago. I know nothing about publishing so I should stop right there. But that nots like me Smile so ... I wonder about her writing contracts. I thought they had deadlines and such. Maybe she sells enough books that they give her a lot of leeway in terms of when its finally ready?? Or maybe she has a day job or something that keeps her from writing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: