AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our wonderful pets--let's share...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beth W

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the whole pie, a big one too. She's counter surfed before, so I'm careful to put things out of reach, but this apparently wasn't.

I have to share a funny thing that happened at doggie day care last week. The place where I take her has a 1/2 wall that runs along the playroom, by the doorway, so the dogs can't all charge at the door when someone comes in or out. This wall is maybe 3 1/2 feet tall and maybe 10-12 inches wide.

I came to pick her up and looked in the window to the playroom and there was Addie - all 50 pounds of her - standing ON TOP of the wall! The gal who works at the daycare said, "Oh, she stands up there all the time, if we didn't pay attention to her she'd probably stand there all day". It looked very funny seeing her stand there, I was too stunned to think about taking a picture but maybe next time I go I'll try to get one if she does it again.

As we were leaving, one of the other workers said to Addie, "Bye, mountain goat!"
xina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beth W wrote:
I have to share a funny thing that happened at doggie day care last As we were leaving, one of the other workers said to Addie, "Bye, mountain goat!"

Your entire story is hilarious! Please take a photo the next time this happens. I would LOVE to see it!
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ xina: This is a good thread, since it's about pets, to compliment you on your new avatar. I'm assuming it's your beagle. He's a cutie. Good job.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
@ xina: This is a good thread, since it's about pets, to compliment you on your new avatar. I'm assuming it's your beagle. He's a cutie. Good job.

Thanks Tee! He's a sweetie...a handful, but a cute handful!
JMM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I has kitteh! (For a little over a week)

She took no time establishing herself as Queen. Her name is Madame Royale.

Every night, no matter what time it is, she will hop up and follow me to my room. The other night, I fell asleep in the chair and didn't get to bed until 2:00 AM. She woke up from the other chair, came to my door, and "sang" until I let her in. She doesn't yowl; she "sings".
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMM wrote:
Her name is Madame Royale.

What a great name. Good luck with your kitten.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMM wrote:
I has kitteh! (For a little over a week)

She took no time establishing herself as Queen. Her name is Madame Royale.

Every night, no matter what time it is, she will hop up and follow me to my room. The other night, I fell asleep in the chair and didn't get to bed until 2:00 AM. She woke up from the other chair, came to my door, and "sang" until I let her in. She doesn't yowl; she "sings".

Oh, how sweet. You'll have to post a photo, if you can. REally great name too! My cat "trills" quite a bit. It does sound a bit like singing. I didn't think she yowled until I had her in the car for an hour ride to the vet. Much yowling...much.
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone here following the Decorah, Iowa, eagles and the eaglets and the webcam into their nest? I try to catch them through the day for small amounts of time. Very fascinating. The three eggs hatched earlier this month (April) and the eaglets are growing at a fantastic rate. Love watching the mom and dad eagles administering their responsibilities toward them. There have been several storms, both rain and snow and wind, that they've endured. They got through them all. Amazing to watch.

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles
xina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
the There have been several storms, both rain and snow and wind, that they've endured. They got through them all. Amazing to watch.

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

I check on them a few times a day Tee! I love it. I see the nest has snow in it today...just like we have in MN. And one day I checked early in the morning and Mom (or Dad) wasn't there! They were all alone. I felt like I should watch them until a parent returned!
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
They were all alone. I felt like I should watch them until a parent returned!

That happened this morning, too, and I had the same feeling, xina. I felt I had to watch them until one of them returned. And one did. BTW, you can tell the difference between the male and female eagle by the eyes. The male has something that looks like a black ring surrounding his eye. The female's eye doesn't have it and the eye looks softer rather than a bit beady like the male's. And the female is supposedly larger than the male, especially when you see them together in the nest, which doesn't happen too often.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, so cute, thanks for sharing that link Tee! I didn't know about it. Either the mother or father is with them now, very sweet.

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Either the mother or father is with them now, very sweet.

It's the father. You can see the black ring around his eyes and the head feather comb is not as far back as the mother's is. It's been an interesting and informative experience to watch them.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:
Either the mother or father is with them now, very sweet.

It's the father. You can see the black ring around his eyes and the head feather comb is not as far back as the mother's is. It's been an interesting and informative experience to watch them.

I was surprised he looked kinda shaggy, good for protection from the weather I'm sure but something I'd never noticed before!
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I was surprised he looked kinda shaggy, good for protection from the weather I'm sure but something I'd never noticed before!

The weather there has been rough and windy. They both look that way for now. But when the sun is shining and it's dry, they neat up pretty well, especially the white comb of feathers on top of the head.

If you're online right now (it's 3:45pm EDST), the mother is now on the nest. You can see that she has no black ring surrounding her eyes and her comb of white feathers is further back from her eyes than the father's. Time to go to dinner, so it's adios for me until later.
xina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
[ That happened this morning, too, and I had the same feeling, xina. I felt I had to watch them until one of them returned. And one did. BTW, you can tell the difference between the male and female eagle by the eyes. The male has something that looks like a black ring surrounding his eye. The female's eye doesn't have it and the eye looks softer rather than a bit beady like the male's. And the female is supposedly larger than the male, especially when you see them together in the nest, which doesn't happen too often.

Oh, that is interesting Tee, and I should know this. There are always eagles at out lake cabin in the summer. And they are almost always in pairs. The babies stay with their parents until they are quite large too. It is funny, the parents look small compared to what they look like in person. They are huge! I would walk my dogs down by the lake in the early morning and the eagles would fly out of the same tree every morning. I jumped every time. And when they were pups, I was afraid to take them down and have them run without a leash. I have heard of a few situations where eagles have picked up small dogs and flown away with them. My little sheltie only weighed 5 lbs when he was a puppy. I kept him very close when he was little.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: