AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our wonderful pets--let's share...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
[Animals teach us so much, don't they? They don't sit and worry about what's wrong with them. They just keep on doing and living. .

So true Tee, what blessings they are for all of us.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debra wrote:
Linda, I love your Ranger's face!!! I hope he is feeling up to par very soon. Tee you baby is sooo cute!
If i could figure out how to post pictures I would show you my two babies. Dozer is a 7 year old 140 pound black lab. He is just a big baby!! We found out last year that he had a large mass on his face and there was nothing that could be done and he would be gone by Christmas. When I told the rescue group from where I got him, they felt so bad that they gave me a 11 week old lab puppy. Tucker will be a year next month and at 80 pounds he is 100% a mommies dog! The best thing about Tucker is he has given Dozer something, and Dozer is still with us. Now he has his good and bad days, but to the Vet's surprise he is still with us. Not sure for how much longer, but everyday is a blessing!

Enjoy him while he is with you. Letting pets into your life and your heart is so easy, but when they get sick it is heartbreaking, but so worth it. Good luck to Dozer and I'm glad he has a buddy.
And yes, post pictures!
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger update - had a good check up today. They checked his urine for damage to his kidneys and that came out all clear. The doctor said that after about 4 months of meds he'll test Ranger again for the Lyme and hopefully he will be clear. Apparently it is curable, in dogs anyway.

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, that is fabulous news. You will need to keep on him and "fatten" him up a bit, if that's what he needs. Keep us informed. He's become a part of the pack--actually, you started out this original thread when you first got him, so he's the pack leader. Laughing
Debra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still can't figure out how to post the pictures, but will keep trying! In the mean time if you want you can go to my My Space page and see him there.

http://www.myspace.com/debrav4
xina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Ranger update - had a good check up today. They checked his urine for damage to his kidneys and that came out all clear. The doctor said that after about 4 months of meds he'll test Ranger again for the Lyme and hopefully he will be clear. Apparently it is curable, in dogs anyway.

Linda

Great news Linda! I feel relieved to read it. I have to say that vets are usually pretty up front about a prognosis, so this sounds very hopeful.
Did they say he needed to put on weight? My sheltie is underweight...still. They gave me a few pointers....puppy food (more calories), chicken broth on the dry dog food and canned food mixed with dry. Good luck. Keep up updated. He's such a wonderful dog.
FriendlyFace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, Linda!

Here are a couple recent pics of my girls...

Hmmm, a fly?

Bev
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bev, they are so stately looking and gorgeous.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee - Ranger as pack leader, he's honored! Very Happy

Bev, your babies are so beautiful and photogenic, they could have their own calender. Smile

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic of me and Ranger taken today! I'm pretty smushed down but he looks fantastic, lol.

Ranger is doing pretty good, eating better but still limping on and off. Took him to the doctor for x-rays on his leg to make sure nothing was going on (this is adding up $$) and all looked good. So he renewed his antibiotics for another month and hopefully he can heal the limp for good.

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, that's the best news. I almost feel as though I know him, so I'm really happy that he's coming along. That's all we can ask for--a little progress. Keep up with it. Let's hope it doesn't get too expensive and that the meds will do their job very quickly. He does look good (so do you!) Laughing
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Pic of me and Ranger taken today! I'm pretty smushed down but he looks fantastic, lol.

Ranger is doing pretty good, eating better but still limping on and off. Took him to the doctor for x-rays on his leg to make sure nothing was going on (this is adding up $$) and all looked good. So he renewed his antibiotics for another month and hopefully he can heal the limp for good.

Linda

What a great picture of you and ranger Linda! I was just thinking of ranger today and wondered how he was doing. He looks very healthy and it sounds like he's making progress to a recovery. Those vet bills are killers though, aren't they?
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tee and Xina! Smile When it comes to the vet bills there is a limit and we're not there but it is going to be tough. Found out it will cost $2000 to have our daughter's wisdom teeth taken out, yikes! I've also had to take two of our other animals to the bet (our pug and one of the kitties) so it's not all Ranger that's racking them up.

I'm glad he's feeling better and eating better but I'll be relieved when the limp is all the way gone, which they still expect to happen.

Linda
FriendlyFace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice picture, Linda! Good news, too. Smile

Bev
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd share this! My mom spotted this picture of a shepherd named Lady in our local paper and has fallen in love. We're all going to meet Lady today at 5pm.

When my parents retired, they built their own addition onto our house, on the other side of our carport. So we share the same yard but they have their own space. So any addition to their family (they have one shepherd named Tallie already) will also be here for us to love as well, without the vet/feeding bills attached. Smile

She lived on a farm for 3 years (was taken in as a stray) but unfortunately started killing their chickens so they had to give her up. They are Mormons and live on a producing farm and just couldn't tolerate her killing what they needed to make money and live off of. She said the whole family (4 kids too) cried when they dropped her off. She says that she is very good natured, gets along with the 12 other dogs she is fostering, is eager to please and sticks to you like a shadow. She said she was never officially house trained since she lived outside on the farm but that she's been in her house day and night and has never had an accident, she waits until she's outside to go. *knock on wood*

So wish us all luck with this meeting! We're going to bring my parent's dog Tallie to meet her on neutral ground and see how they get along.

Linda
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: