AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bikers in romance?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opheliaascends

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Bikers in romance? Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the tv show Sons of Anarchy and it got me thinking... are there any romance novels out there about bikers / biker gangs? It seems like such great source material, but I can't seem to find any books out there. Any ideas?

Thanks!

"Life is a game and true love is a trophy." - Rufus Wainwright
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For something more lighthearted, you might try Patti Berg's "Born to be Wild." The hero rides a bike, but he's also a caterer/chef if I'm remembering correctly.

For something much more dramatic and suspenseful, you might try Lauren Bach's "Lone Rider" about a biker gang. The hero is not who he appears to be.
opheliaascends

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sandlynn!

I looked up the Bach book on Amazon and the "Also bought" suggestions included books by Jaci Burton... who has a whole biker series: http://www.jaciburton.com/berkley.html#wildriders. Has anyone read any of these?

"Life is a game and true love is a trophy." - Rufus Wainwright
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandlynn wrote:
For something much more dramatic and suspenseful, you might try Lauren Bach's "Lone Rider" about a biker gang. The hero is not who he appears to be.

Gosh I haven't thought of that book in ages but I remember when I read it I liked it very much.

Linda
DeeD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie and the Outlaw by Sharon Sala, the hero is a biker, with a bit of a twist.

Seems like I've read a few more, but can't think of them right now.
Terese

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not straight romance, but the Ukiah Oregon series by Wen Spencer features a very important set of secondary characters who call themselves Dog Warriors. They are perceived to be a biker gang who are not always on the right side of the law. It's a really interesting set of fantasy/sci fi books that I re-read every couple years or so. There is a strong romantic relationship between the title character, who was a feral child raised by wolves in the woods of Oregon, and an Asian-American FBI agent named Indigo Zheng.
Claire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Sandlynn wrote:

Gosh I haven't thought of that book in ages but I remember when I read it I liked it very much.

Linda

I really enjoyed Lone Rider too. It's on my keeper shelf.

I tried one of the Jaci Burton ones - I believe it was Riding the Night. Not my cup of tea. Too many tatoo's, piercings, and I think this was one were the guy used to think of the girl as his little sister bc he knew her when she was a teen. Not sure of the age difference but I don't get into stories where the woman wants to prove she's not a little kid anymore.
Manda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, anybody who is a fan of Rufus Wainwright is okay by me.

Devin the hero of WHAT THE LIBRARIAN DID rides a motorcycle, but he's not a biker, per se. Just a reforming rock n' roller.

I read a book not terribly long ago with a hero who rode a Ducati, but I cannot remember which book it was. I want to say it was a Toni Blake (her heroes tend to be bad boy types who ride motorcycles) but I'm not sure which one. Any of them would be worth the read though. I'd start with TEMPT ME TONIGHT, LETTERS TO A SECRET LOVER, or ONE RECKLESS SUMMER.
JeannieLin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit of a zany one, but Angie Fox's The Accidental Demonslayer series features a gang of geriatric biker witches. A hilarious paranormal with a lot of little surprises thrown in.
Lillian Sulivan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In both Something About You and, oh, gosh, some series novella I read there were shockingly identical scenes: hero offers short dress wearing heroine a ride home on his motorbike. Imagine the possibilities: quick flash of panties ensues, bare thighs pressed up against him, rush of cold air against her legs vs. warmth of his body, her arms around his broad, muscular torso, etc, etc.

Sigh.

Lilly
xina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Lone Rider too. Her best book by far. Another biker hero is from One Summer by Karen Robards. Another oustanding book IMO. Bad boy hero.
kurama83

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opheliaascends wrote:
Thanks Sandlynn!

I looked up the Bach book on Amazon and the "Also bought" suggestions included books by Jaci Burton... who has a whole biker series: http://www.jaciburton.com/berkley.html#wildriders. Has anyone read any of these?

I read the first one a while back. Though I will have to read it again due to when i first read it some things i wasnt into so i skipped it (though actually, i will still be skipping it LOL)

Riding Wild was hot, interesting. Some of the scenes are very hot, two of which is: one when the hero and heroine are in a tent (out in the open with other bikers in tents) and are having sex. and then another is when they are outside in the back of a penthouse.

I read about the others, I was shocked that the newest one will be a threesome.

I havent read pass the first one, I was a bit irked when i read some parts of the second one where something about initiation involves sex with other men, but I doubt this happens

Check out my shelf
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I come to this board and read the thread titles, this one always makes me think of Grease 2 (with Michelle Pfifer) and "Cool Rider."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIsETmNtNTs

And now I can't get the refrain out of my head. I wanna a coo-oooo-ooo-ool rider!
Terese

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftybergin wrote:
Everytime I come to this board and read the thread titles, this one always makes me think of Grease 2 (with Michelle Pfifer) and "Cool Rider."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIsETmNtNTs

And now I can't get the refrain out of my head. I wanna a coo-oooo-ooo-ool rider!

Yeah, this topic made me think of the movie I recently saw called Don't Tell Her It's Me.
Trish B

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read it, but aren't the guys in JR Ward's COVET biker types?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: