AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for a book title

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Map

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: looking for a book title Reply with quote

I've been trying for weeks to find this book I read about..10 years ago or so. I don't remember its name, the author's, not even the characters' names, only a few bits of it.
I know it featured an unusual type of heroine: a bit slutty, self-centered, maybe a bit annoying. I remember the heroine was at a party and trying to hit on her friend's (kinda hard to label as friend seeing that the heroine was a sorta Scarlett-ish) fiance and instead ended up reaching the hero's lap underneath the table. I think she was almost getting ready to whore herself (she was having some financial difficulties and being the spoiled little brat that she was couldn't find a better solution).
The thing I remember for sure was that she had a painting in her bedroom which she says she's focusing on during sex cause she is gets bored of it (excluding making love with the hero). And if I remember correctly it was a painting featuring A Midsummer's Night Dream.
Also I remember in the begging of the book she was at a therapy session saying something like "My mother never loved me" and she realizes she sounds whiny and just using that as an excuse for how she behaves.
I'd really really like to re-read this book seeing that it features an unusual type of heroine and I'm getting a tad bored with the more than perfect people in these books. If anyone has any suggestions regarding the name or the author I'd be more than grateful.
Thanks.
trinity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am totally sick of the oh so perfect heroine...they're usually young & virginal of course...blah!!! I'm over them, they're everywhere in romancelandia...give me an older, flawed, sexually aware female anyday...the fact she's bored during sex with other men, plural men at that, yippee...love it!!!(not with the hero though of course that would be blasphemy to me!!)
Unfortunately I don't know this book but I'd love to read it...is it a contempory?? how old is the heroine??? I wish there were more older heroines in romance land especially in historicals..would it kill someone to write about a 30yr plus year old woman in regency England??? after all, the heroes to all these young misses are ALWAYS in their 30's but somehow magically still attractive, maybe the older women of the time could be too...WITHOUT them being portrayed as plain looking, dried up virgin spinsters who have scared off all potential suitors with their fiesty(TSTL & bratty) bluestocking ways?? Now I'd read that!!! with bells on..
sorry, sort of gone off topic whilst ranting & raving..I'm feeling frustrated with my reading at the monent..can you tell??
Map

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha love you for that <3
Unfortunately I still haven't found the book title but I'll keep looking. The book was a contemporary and yeah, I remember it was so shocking after reading so many books with "perfect" heroines that I kinda loved it on spot.
bigmama74

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has it been found???????????????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: