AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conspiracy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Conspiracy? Reply with quote

This explains a lot:
http://www.hightowerlowdown.org/node/2247
LizE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll bite. What does it explain?
Mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full article explains how right-wing ideology has spread so much in America.
LizE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to read the whole article (not being a subscriber) but the first part seems to talking about the the miliary/industrial-Wall Street-insurance industry-agrobusiness stranglehold on the government. I guess it could be called a conspiracy except it's right out there for all of us to see. The revolving door of government and industry isn't hidden, though the details of the back room deals are only known by their rotten fruit. I'm not sure how this translates into right wing ideaology, though. Folks from both parties seem to be equally involved in shaping public policy to serve the interests of the rich and powerful. And both parties are guilty of using the hopes and fears of their constituents to get us to vote for them, only to abandon their stated principles once they're in power--like the democrats who were up in arms over Bush's "right-wing" policies and are now gung-ho in support of exactly the same policies now that Obama is in the White House.

Maybe I'm missing something here. If so, please enlighten me!
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full article isn't that generic. It's about how the billionaire Koch brothers (Koch Industries: oil, gas, timber & lots more) have provided a huge amount of funding and direction for the right-wing. Their father helped found the John Birch Society. They founded the Cato Institute and are also heavily involved in Americans for Prosperity, Reason Foundation, Institute for Humane Studies, Mercatus Center, Patients United Now, Free Our Energy, and more.
The Hightower Lowdown is a good source for info I don't see in mainstream media.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> The Wild Wild West Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: