AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminated Reply with quote

Terminator: SCC has been canceled. There is an article about it here http://www.cleveland.com/tv/index.ssf/2009/05/fall_tv_preview_fox_whats.html

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I wasn't impressed with last season as much. I felt the show was a bit directionless. OTH, I liked it overall and would have liked to have seen it continue, albeit continue more coherently. I especially liked Summer Glau, Brian Austin Green and Thomas Decker and Shirley Manson as Catherine Weaver. I really wanted to see where they were going with Weaver's character as I felt she seemed to be developing a tiny bit more empathy. The Terminators have a CPU that allows them to learn from their environment and I wondered if she would learn humanity had something to offer.

Thoughts anyone?

maggie b.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry it was canceled, if only because the last 15 minutes of the final episode were FREAKIN' AWESOME!! I sat there on the couch with my mouth hanging open. At one point, I realized that I was holding my breath...purely a reaction. At the very end when John went through and saw Derek...and then HIS FATHER...and then Cameron (except that she was human at that point and not a machine)...it was just...wow. And I want to know more about Catherine Weaver. They reveal in the final ep that she's on John's side, but why? She's an advanced machine, so what's the deal? I hate that we'll never know.

I AM excited that the new movie will feature Kyle Reese as a teenager. I want to see the dynamic between John and his father. He's played by the same guy who plays Anton Chekhov in Star Trek. Also, John is married to Kate Brewster -- originally played by Claire Danes in T3. (I have no clue, but I'm expecting some tragedy there.)
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sob!* I cant' say I'm surprised though, season 2 had so many below average. The first few and the last few were so good though and especially that last one! It seemed like they were finally getting into the groove again and now it's too late. Crying or Very sad

I have to say I will miss Cameron the most, loved her character.

Linda
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftybergin wrote:
I'm sorry it was canceled, if only because the last 15 minutes of the final episode were FREAKIN' AWESOME!! I sat there on the couch with my mouth hanging open. At one point, I realized that I was holding my breath...purely a reaction. At the very end when John went through and saw Derek...and then HIS FATHER...and then Cameron (except that she was human at that point and not a machine)...it was just...wow. And I want to know more about Catherine Weaver. They reveal in the final ep that she's on John's side, but why? She's an advanced machine, so what's the deal? I hate that we'll never know.

I really enjoyed the last two or three epi's and felt like the show had really gotten it's groove back. It seems so ironic that just when I was dying to find out what happened next it stops.

Niftybergin wrote:
I AM excited that the new movie will feature Kyle Reese as a teenager. I want to see the dynamic between John and his father. He's played by the same guy who plays Anton Chekhov in Star Trek. Also, John is married to Kate Brewster -- originally played by Claire Danes in T3. (I have no clue, but I'm expecting some tragedy there.)

I am so bummed that I can't go till Saturday. This movie looks AWESOME! I can't wait to see what new direction they take it.

maggie b.
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
*sob!* I cant' say I'm surprised though, season 2 had so many below average. The first few and the last few were so good though and especially that last one! It seemed like they were finally getting into the groove again and now it's too late. Crying or Very sad

I have to say I will miss Cameron the most, loved her character.

Linda

There were a lot of bad epis this season. Still, I felt the show itself had promise and I wish they had just slapped the writers around, told them to do better and given it another chance.

I will miss Cameron, too. I loved her character. I felt her episodes were the strongest of the bunch. I really like Summer Glau as an actress but I think she's beginning to be an albatross or something Wink -- she's on Firefly, that's canceled. She's on 4400, that's canceled. Now this. Hopefully she can find a series she can be on for a good long time soon.

maggie b.
Retrograde

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in a depressed funk over this. I, a devoted Joss Whedon fangirl, was secretly hoping Dollhouse would get axed in favour of TSCC. That's how much I freaking adore this show. At its worst, it was still better than many shows out there. For example, two shows I've given up on where the writers have abandoned any attempt at making sense: Heroes and Smallville. Why won't these shows just die already? It feels like Smallville has been going on forever, and now they've renewed it for a 9th season. Are you kidding me? Compare the finale of that show with the finale of TSCC, and tell me there's any justice in that.

*will be fuming for a good week at least*

I hate Fox. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: