AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help with my avatar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claire

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: need help with my avatar Reply with quote

Now that I've gotten rid of mine, a little bit by accident, a little on purpose, does anybody have a recommendation for a site that has free ones? :(

edit to add: I've tried several sites but I can't seem to get them small enough to add to my profile. What am I doing wrong??
Claire

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!
An avatar smaller than 100x100. Goodbye Diet Coke, Hello Mr Darcy.
I wanted to use a picture of my cat but I couldn't get it small enough. If there's a way to do it, I couldn't figure it out.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire wrote:
Finally!
I wanted to use a picture of my cat but I couldn't get it small enough. If there's a way to do it, I couldn't figure it out.

Won't Photobucket resize your photo? It's always resized images I've found on-line. Granted, I've never tried my own photos.
Yulie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few basic picture editing programs that are easy to find and use. Claire, if you have a PC, try opening the file you want to resize with Microsoft office picture manager - it has a resize option that you can use (right click on the file if picture manager isn't your default). Another option is to download Picasa from Google, which lets you play with photos and images. I'm sure there are other methods.

Good luck!
Claire

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandlynn wrote:
Claire wrote:
Finally!

Won't Photobucket resize your photo? It's always resized images I've found on-line. Granted, I've never tried my own photos.

There are quite a few basic picture editing programs that are easy to find and use. Claire, if you have a PC, try opening the file you want to resize with Microsoft office picture manager - it has a resize option that you can use (right click on the file if picture manager isn't your default). Another option is to download Picasa from Google, which lets you play with photos and images. I'm sure there are other methods.

Good luck!

Hey guys! Thank you for this information. I will check these both out. I've never tried photobucket. I tried resizing my picture on my computer but I'm not sure if I used the Microsoft tool to do it. I'm really frustrated that I don't know how to do this stuff when it seems so easy to so many.

Sandlynn... is that your cat aspiring to be president in your avatar? Cute! Smile
I recently bought a new camera and of all the pictures I've taken,my favorite is of my cat Toni. Its an extreme closeup of her gray fuzzy face. I think the file size is like 8MB and I wonder if something that size can be made 100x100.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: