AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Funny Girl"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynda X

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: "Funny Girl" Reply with quote

Turner Classic Movies is showing "Funny Girl" tonight, and what a great movie it is! If you want a movie with a great romance, fabulous songs, wonderful fashion, one that is funny as well as touching, this is the movie for you. Omar Shariff is the hero, and boy, he's just like the suave hero of a romance novel, with Barbra Streisand as Fanny Brice, a girl who is funny, but not pretty. I love this musical, and just about every song is a winner. Yes, it's somewhat of a cliche--the man overwhelmed by his wife's success and it is hardly a realistic portrayal of Arstein and Brice's marriage, but darn it, "Funny Girl" is a great movie.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Funny Girl. I own it on DVD. The songs are awesome. Not just the classic "People," but I love "I'd Rather Be Blue Over You" and "I'm the Greatest Star" and "Don't Rain on My Parade."

My favorite, though, is the finale. (Oh my man I love him so, he'll never know. All my life is just despair, but I don't care. When he takes me in his arms, the world is bright...all right. What's the difference if I say I'll go away, when I know I'll come back on my knees some day. For whatever my man is, I am his, forevermore.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR307YlQKds

I get chill-bumps every time I watch it.
Trish B

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my faves as well. This is the film during which I fell madly in love with Omar Shariff Smile . "Don't Rain on My Parade" is my fave song from the film. For some reason I've always disliked "People Who Need People", though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: