AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nora Roberts' four upcoming movies...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KarenS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Nora make cameos with these movies or did I miss seeing her?

High Noon was the best imo of the four movies! Did not read the book but enjoyed the movie. Nora seems better with her police stories. They seem stronger to me somehow with better plots and better characters. Maybe she's done more research with police stories or she just feels more comfortable writing them.

Did not read Tribute but thought the movie was ok.
library addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarenS wrote:
Did Nora make cameos with these movies or did I miss seeing her?
She was busy with InnBoonsboro, so was unable to make cameos.
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarenS wrote:
High Noon was the best imo of the four movies! Did not read the book but enjoyed the movie. Nora seems better with her police stories.

I only watched the first three movies and I too felt High Noon was the best of that group. Tribute was a DNF book for me, so I decided not to try to watch the movie. I had out-of-town guests that night anyway and it would have been difficult trying to stay tuned.

Since I enjoyed Blue Smoke, both the book and the movie, I may have to agree with you that Roberts does well with books regarding police. Oops, forgot about Northern Lights. Didn't like the book nor the movie. Some of her very early mainstream books were about detectives and serial killers. I liked them a lot and really those were the books that first caught my eye with her writing.
KarenS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
KarenS wrote:
High Noon was the best imo of the four movies! Did not read the book but enjoyed the movie. Nora seems better with her police stories.

I only watched the first three movies and I too felt High Noon was the best of that group.
Since I enjoyed Blue Smoke, both the book and the movie, I may have to agree with you that Roberts does well with books regarding police. Some of her very early mainstream books were about detectives and serial killers. I liked them a lot and really those were the books that first caught my eye with her writing.

One of Roberts's first police stories that I read and enjoyed immensely was Sacred Sins set in Washington, D.C. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I have always gauged her other police stories by that one. So for me she has always written a good police story. Then there's In Death that has totally blown me away so I think she's really, really good at writing these stories. Just totally unabashedly partial I must admit.
Amairwyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I watched High Noon and Midnight Bayou- Tribute and Northern Lights I wasn't really interested in.

I found I actually preferred the movie of Midnight Bayou to the book, but I preferred the book High Noon to the movie. Very Happy
To flee from my ivory tower"

Enter- Within Temptation
jebe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched all four and I never read any of the books. I wanted to show my support for the romance community via tuning in w/the hopes that Lifetime will do movies of other authors' books in the future. Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

I thought, all things considered, the movies weren't that bad. I felt like Northern Lights and Tribute were soap operas on film, what with these weird dramatic looks and pauses plus some of the dialogue wasn't real flowing and natural. Don't get me started on Brittany Murphy's whacked looking eyebrows! Midnight Bayou I was really torn over. I felt like the two leads didn't have any chemistry and there really wasn't a lot of story supporting the attraction. It was just like "who's that? I'm totally hot for them" and then the story rolled on into the paranormal part. I have to say though that I really enjoyed the flashback characters. Maybe it was b/c they were in period garb, but when they were campy and over-the-top it didn't bother me. Rolling Eyes

High Noon was awesome, but I really think that the credit goes to Emilie de Ravin. She really pulled off that younger heroine persona, ya know? And I think that's the key sometimes to putting a romance on film, the actors really have to convince us about their portrayals b/c in the end the story is really supposed to be about the romance.
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
High Noon was awesome,...

The book was even better, jebe. If you have the time, give it a try!
jebe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
The book was even better, jebe. If you have the time, give it a try!

I haven't read a NR book in years, maybe it is time for a go round. I'll take it under advisement. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: