AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nora Roberts' four upcoming movies...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Nora Roberts' four upcoming movies... Reply with quote

Next Saturday, Mar 21, the first of four movies based on Nora Roberts' books will be shown on Lifetime TV. I remember the last four some years ago; and all in all, I was not impressed with them, except for one.

One of the upcoming ones is a favorite of mine (High Noon) and one is a bummer for me (Northern Lights). The others I truly don't recall, but I know I've read them.

I know I'll eventually watch all, but I'm tempted not to just because of the possible butchering. Lee Ann Rhimes stars in the first one; and since it's Northern Lights, I really don't have a thought about that choice of actress one way or another.

The other three movies follow on each successive Saturday night. See the link below for more info.

Nora Roberts Lifetime movies
bijoux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brittany Murphy looks odd. Is this an attempt to make her look more like the book character?
xina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Roberts or Lifetime, so I probably shouldn't comment. Oh well.....I will anyway. Looks like 4 soap operas to me. And darn it...Jerry O'Connell? Say it ain't so.....All the others...whatever.
Retrograde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Cibrian and Jason Lewis - yum! I may just have to check it out.
jebe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of NR and I haven't read any of these books, but I think I'm gonna tune in anyway just to see. I can't guarantee I'll watch all four movies, but I'll try to give them a chance. I want to encourage Lifetime TV in their endeavor. I just wish it wasn't all about NR and they would branch out into other authors.
Vol Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. While I'm not usually a fan of tv movies made from my favorite books, (I rarely find them to live up) I will probably watch at least Northern Lights & High Noon, because I really liked these two books. I didn't read Tribute & I'm pretty sure I read Midnight Bayou, but I don't remember it at all.

I think I liked NL so much because of the setting. Reminded me of the old tv series Nothern Exposure with Janine Turner.

I adore Eddie Cibrian, but had I been casting NL, I wouldn't have gone with Leanne Rhimes. I like her, but she doesn't seem to fit with the character IMO. In fact, if I remember correctly, the heroine had black hair too. Don't you just hate it when they switch this up in the movies?
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vol Fan wrote:
In fact, if I remember correctly, the heroine had black hair too. Don't you just hate it when they switch this up in the movies?

You have a good memory. I don't remember that, but many people did and that seems to be a common complaint against this movie.
Retrograde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, there are rumours circulating that Eddie Cibrian and LeAnn Rimes are having an affair. And they're both married!

Now I have to see that movie.
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retrograde wrote:
Ooh, there are rumours circulating that Eddie Cibrian and LeAnn Rimes are having an affair. And they're both married! Now I have to see that movie.

Oh, you are a bad girl, Retrograde. Laughing
Mareliz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only previous Nora Roberts TV movie I've seen is "Angels Fall" with Heather Locklear (HORRIBLE casting choice, in my opinion). I detested it. I really liked the book, and the movie was just all wrong, in my opinion.

However, some of the actors here are intriguing. The whole Leanne Rhimes - Eddie Cibrian saga has me very interested in their movie. And Emilie de Ravin has been a favorite of mine since back in the old days of Roswell. I just love her on Lost. Smile Jerry O'Connell, though? Can't say I'm interested in his movie at all. Jason Lewis, however, will probably have my attention the entire time. Yum.

I'll probably give 3 of the 4 movies a chance, though I'm sure I'll hate them, haha.
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the Heather Locklear casting either but I did wind up liking the movie. I have already scheduled to tape "Northern Lights" and will be looking forward to watching the rest. Lifetime movies tend to be not brilliant but very watchable. For me anyway. Wink

maggie b.
Retrograde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee - guilty as charged. Wink I just think their chemistry in the movie will probably be amazing...but then again, I remember that rule in Friends, where Joey told Chandler that if co-stars are having an affair, the performance will be tepid. Let's hope not!

Mareliz - I'm interested to see what Emilie de Ravin will be like. I think she's a fine actress, but I've never really liked her characters for some reason. Well...Tess was an evil duplicitous alien, so maybe that's reason enough. Laughing
xina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retrograde wrote:
Ooh, there are rumours circulating that Eddie Cibrian and LeAnn Rimes are having an affair. And they're both married!

Now I have to see that movie.

Ah, good for them! They are both married. Ugh...Lifetime movies...pure schmaltz. Only my opinion, of course Wink
Mareliz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retrograde wrote:
Mareliz - I'm interested to see what Emilie de Ravin will be like. I think she's a fine actress, but I've never really liked her characters for some reason. Well...Tess was an evil duplicitous alien, so maybe that's reason enough.

Very true. However, I think she was really good in the role. Smile
Claire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to see parts of Blue Smoke today around housework and working out and I am wondering if anyone else thinks Scott Bakula should have had the role as the hero? The guy that played opposite Alicia Witt seemed tiny and not at all how I see guys in romance novels. When they first met I didn't like how he seemed desperate to go out with her. The actor didn't have a lot of charisma imho. I'm going to try and see the next movie in the "Norathon" Smile and hope I'll find one I like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: