AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
Anyone watching final season of ER?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KarenS



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 870
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Anyone watching final season of ER? Reply with quote

ER is finally ending after a decent 15 year run. I watched it for several seasons and then stopped watching as I was either too busy or it no longer held my interest. Not certain why exactly. However, since this is its last season I started watching again. Former stars are making appearances on the show. Noah Wyle is returning as a temporary physician to help out in the ER. Macy put in an appearance a few weeks ago. Not certain who all is going to appear but you might catch a favorite if you tune in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched ER for about 2 seasons when Luca and Abby were a couple. All the flirtation and all leading up to the relationship, then the relationship, I thought was really romantic and sexy. Once they broke up, I just didn't have the urge to watch anymore. It seems that the characters aren't allowed to be happy for a long period of time. The show became predictable in that the people would have happy lives then...bam!, happiness gone. I just got very tired of being lead on, then dropped into doldrums with these people. I do remember some fantasitc shows though. One in particular was the Ray Liotta episode that was done just beautifully.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KarenS



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 870
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina:

Ray Liotta won an Emmy for his performance. I didn't watch it but it was apparently well done if he merited an Emmy. Not a fan of Liotta as I remember he was arrested for behaving badly on an airplane flight from Tampa to LA or was it vice versa? Anyway, thought less of him because of this.

I remember Luca and thought he was a tragic figure. Did his character die?
Thought I read something to that effect.

ER always had lot of high drama to me. I felt the characters were sad for the most part and didn't have it in them to be happy. May have been the reason why I stopped watching it.

Anyway, I am going to see the show through the end. The last show will have a one hour perspective before it airs which should be interesting.

Michael Crichton died a few months ago and he was only in his early 60s. He was certainly talented giving the world quite a bit of entertainment through the years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarenS wrote:
xina:

Ray Liotta won an Emmy for his performance. I didn't watch it but it was apparently well done if he merited an Emmy. Not a fan of Liotta as I remember he was arrested for behaving badly on an airplane flight from Tampa to LA or was it vice versa? Anyway, thought less of him because of this.

I remember Luca and thought he was a tragic figure. Did his character die?
Thought I read something to that effect.

ER always had lot of high drama to me. I felt the characters were sad for the most part and didn't have it in them to be happy. May have been the reason why I stopped watching it.

Anyway, I am going to see the show through the end. The last show will have a one hour perspective before it airs which should be interesting.

Michael Crichton died a few months ago and he was only in his early 60s. He was certainly talented giving the world quite a bit of entertainment through the years.




Did Luca die? I didn't know that. I thought he was still on the show. I think Abby and Luca's child died though...typical of ER to take away even that from a split-up couple. I just found it too frustrating and frankly, depressing, to watch.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KarenS



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 870
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Did Luca die? I didn't know that. I thought he was still on the show. I think Abby and Luca's child died though...typical of ER to take away even that from a split-up couple. I just found it too frustrating and frankly, depressing, to watch.


Luca may not have died. I am not certain about what happened but the Wiki page mentioned Luca having last rites with a priest so I assumed he died when it could have been his son.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KarenS



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 870
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tonight was the season and forever finale of ER. 15 years, 332 shows, scores of wonderful actors through the years and now it's over. The retrospective before the 2 hour finale was also worth seeing with so many favorite characters reminiscing about the show and the times they spent on the set.

I thought it was a nice touch having Rachel Greene(Dr. Mark Greene's daughter) interviewing for a residency position as well as Dr. Carter opening an outpatient clinic named for his deceased son. I missed several seasons where Carter was married with a child. His ex-wife looked a lot like Audrey Hepburn.

Angela Bassett was a nice edition to the cast. She is from my area and graduated from the same high school as my DH. She is a few years younger than him.

Thursday nights won't be the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yulie



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1149
Location: Elsewhere

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarenS wrote:
I thought it was a nice touch having Rachel Greene(Dr. Mark Greene's daughter) interviewing for a residency position as well as Dr. Carter opening an outpatient clinic named for his deceased son. I missed several seasons where Carter was married with a child. His ex-wife looked a lot like Audrey Hepburn.

Carter didn't have a child on the show - his wife (played by Thandie Newton) delivered a stillborn son. I think this was in the 10th or 11th season.

Re Luka (mentioned earlier in this thread), his character didn't die, and neither did his son; this season Abby, Luka and the boy moved to Boston, IIRC.

I like the idea of having Rachel coming back to County - isn't she a bit young for residency, though?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Susan/DC



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 1663

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Luka Reply with quote

Yulie wrote:
KarenS wrote:
I thought it was a nice touch having Rachel Greene(Dr. Mark Greene's daughter) interviewing for a residency position as well as Dr. Carter opening an outpatient clinic named for his deceased son. I missed several seasons where Carter was married with a child. His ex-wife looked a lot like Audrey Hepburn.

Carter didn't have a child on the show - his wife (played by Thandie Newton) delivered a stillborn son. I think this was in the 10th or 11th season.

Re Luka (mentioned earlier in this thread), his character didn't die, and neither did his son; this season Abby, Luka and the boy moved to Boston, IIRC.

I like the idea of having Rachel coming back to County - isn't she a bit young for residency, though?


I hadn't watched ER for several years but made a point of watching the final few shows. I must admit my disappointment that Luka did not make an appearance -- Goran Visnjic (sp?) is definitely high on my list of swoonworthy men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KarenS



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 870
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yulie wrote:
KarenS wrote:
I thought it was a nice touch having Rachel Greene(Dr. Mark Greene's daughter) interviewing for a residency position as well as Dr. Carter opening an outpatient clinic named for his deceased son. I missed several seasons where Carter was married with a child. His ex-wife looked a lot like Audrey Hepburn.

Carter didn't have a child on the show - his wife (played by Thandie Newton) delivered a stillborn son. I think this was in the 10th or 11th season.

Re Luka (mentioned earlier in this thread), his character didn't die, and neither did his son; this season Abby, Luka and the boy moved to Boston, IIRC.

I like the idea of having Rachel coming back to County - isn't she a bit young for residency, though?


Thandie Newton reminded me of Audrey Hepburn. She is beautiful. So their child was stillborn. That fills in that gap. Where did Carter meet her? Was she associated with the hospital?

I stopped watching ER around the time Abby and Luka were an item so have no idea what happened to them. Your post has filled me in with their story so thanks.

Age wise for Rachel I think could put her in the age range for residency. Even if she wasn't old enough, you know TV Land. They can age a baby to teen years within a few months. It's done all the time on the soaps. Use to laugh seeing these story lines. Since it's been 15 years for the show, how old was Rachel when the show started? The last time I watched it I thought she was at least 14(that's when Mark died) so conceivably she could be ready for residency. She was very grown up on the show so she looked mid-twenties.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KarenS



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 870
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Luka Reply with quote

Susan/DC wrote:
Yulie wrote:
KarenS wrote:
I thought it was a nice touch having Rachel Greene(Dr. Mark Greene's daughter) interviewing for a residency position as well as Dr. Carter opening an outpatient clinic named for his deceased son. I missed several seasons where Carter was married with a child. His ex-wife looked a lot like Audrey Hepburn.

Carter didn't have a child on the show - his wife (played by Thandie Newton) delivered a stillborn son. I think this was in the 10th or 11th season.

Re Luka (mentioned earlier in this thread), his character didn't die, and neither did his son; this season Abby, Luka and the boy moved to Boston, IIRC.

I like the idea of having Rachel coming back to County - isn't she a bit young for residency, though?


I hadn't watched ER for several years but made a point of watching the final few shows. I must admit my disappointment that Luka did not make an appearance -- Goran Visnjic (sp?) is definitely high on my list of swoonworthy men.


Goran Visnijic(sp) was indeed swoonworthy! I thought he was exceedingly handsome. I always thought the heart throbs were Clooney and Visnijic(sp). Stamos doesn't do anything for me. I missed him on the show as well. Would have been nice for him and Abby to make an appearance. However, he appeared in the retrospective that aired before the two hour finale so got to see him for a little bit.

Now it's over! Glad I watched it and enjoyed the stroll down memory lane. I always looked forward to Thursday evenings to see what was in store for my favorite TV characters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group