AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with privte messaging

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Problem with privte messaging Reply with quote

Normally when I use the PM function on this site my sent message goes into my sent box. Today all the messages I am sending are appearing in my "out" box. No matter how often I hit "submit" the message winds up there. This has happened with both a reply and a new message. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Shocked This is driving me crazy.

maggie b.
tirlittan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've PMd anyone on this board, but if I remember correctly, the post will only appear in the "sent" box once the reciever has read it. Until then it's in the "out" box.

If I'm wrong, please correct me! Smile
LeeB.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tirlittan wrote:
It's been a while since I've PMd anyone on this board, but if I remember correctly, the post will only appear in the "sent" box once the reciever has read it. Until then it's in the "out" box.

tirlittan: You are absolutely right.
tirlittan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeB. wrote:

tirlittan: You are absolutely right.

I thought this is the case. ;)

I was surprized and a bit dismayed myself when I first realized that this is how the PM works here. I'm in the habit of sometimes taking my time in answering e-mails etc. so at first it bothered me that the sender could see when I'd read that message they'd sent me. It then seemed a bit impolite to not have answered right away. But it is undoubtedly quite a handy feature when you're sending messages, because you know your message has been read and not disappeared into the ether.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The only other place I have pm'd that wasn't the case so I was very confused. This was really helpful. Thanks for the responses.

maggie b.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: