AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

United States of Tara

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retrograde

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: United States of Tara Reply with quote

Anyone watching this show? It's the brainchild of Steven Spielberg and Diablo Cody (of Juno fame), and stars the fabulous Toni Collette as Tara (and T, and Buck, and Alice), a character with dissociative identity disorder. This show is both hilarious and touching, and Toni Collette is so awesome at playing all the different peronalities. Plus, John Corbett plays her husband, which is another reason to watch it. Laughing The show is 7 episodes in, but you might be able to watch them on Showtime's website. It's really good!
xina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to watch this, but we don't have Showtime right now. Love Toni Collette too. The show looks brilliant.
Margaret

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: United States of Tara Reply with quote

Quote:
and Diablo Cody (of Juno fame

I really wanted to like this show, Diablo Cody had an interesting rise to fame and I've enjoyed Toni Collette since Muriel's Wedding. I watched the first episode, it came across as sad and manic...I kind of forgot about it until I saw your post. Perhaps it could have improved for me over time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: