AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for Canadians

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcella

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Question for Canadians Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I have a personal question - hope you don't mind.

Does anyone know of a volunteer organization in the London Ontario area that helps elderly people? I'm not talking about nursing or cleaning, just the small things, like getting some groceries once in a while.

I am from the Netherlands and have an elderly aunt (she's 90) living in London since the '50s. She has always been very independent but has no family left now and her friends have either passed away or are in the same situation. She hates to ask other people, but yesterday my mum found out (on the phone) that she's having a rough time with all the snow. She had to say goodbye to her car earlier this year and cannot get out at the moment to do her shopping. On my mum's insistence she was going to ask a student down the hallway to help her out, but even if she does and he agrees it will not be a permanent solution.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much. We worry about her.

PS I did look up some organizations over the net but there are so many of them and I find it hard (and dangerous?) to just pick one of them!

Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/o1517877219
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella - PM on it's way to you.
Marcella

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the suggestions I received via PMs. They really helped me in the right directions and helped ease the worry!

Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/o1517877219
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: