AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I wonder if it is safe to go out yet<g>

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: I wonder if it is safe to go out yet<g> Reply with quote

I hate it when I need to go to the store for simple things right after Thanksgiving & Christmas<g>. It takes twice as long so it is easier to just wait.

I would like to run some errands, but not sure if it is "safe" yet.

I was surprised the day after Thanksgiving, that Wal Mart had a time limit on their sale. So I did miss the madhouse.

Last edited by Leigh on Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
divine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh, I live in Montreal, Canada.

The temperature went up and we had rain on Dec 24. Then it dropped overnight. All of that lovely rain froze, leaving behind a veritable skating ring on the sidewalks. Broken hip anyone? Forget going out to shop. I'll just stay at home and surf the net. Much more safer.
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

divine wrote:
Leigh, I live in Montreal, Canada.

The temperature went up and we had rain on Dec 24. Then it dropped overnight. All of that lovely rain froze, leaving behind a veritable skating ring on the sidewalks. Broken hip anyone? Forget going out to shop. I'll just stay at home and surf the net. Much more safer.

We had ice about a week ago. Luckily I was off work, and didn't have to get out.

I am thinking about making a run for it<g>
xina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had great weather today...a whopping 40 degrees!!! We've been at around 12 below zero for over a week, so this was a heat wave. My daughter and I went out. My daughter drove. She is really good in heavy traffic and she loves my car, so I had her drive. The crowds in the stores were ridiculous, and many very unhappy. We wouldn't have gone out, but my son's birthday is on Mon. so we had to get a few presents. with all the sales, everything was really picked over. It was hellish out there. The only good thing about it was stopping, sitting down and eating our ice cream!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: