AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marley and Me...the movie.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leigh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie (kat) wrote:
I'm going to stop posting for a while because I'm going to be mean and that's pointless. This trivalization of an animal's death compared to a humans is exactly what I hate. Animals are more than just pets, but unique souls with their own personalities and worth that is separate of any value a human bestows on them. Nobody here knows me or how much Emmy's death hurts or exactly how much I loved her. I can't believe I posted that I didn't want to see a dog die and just keep reading how that's life that animals die, but that's nothing compared to a child. I know, some of you were being very nice and understanding, I'm just not in a good place right now.

I am so sorry. I can understand not wanting to post about this subject. I hope that you continue to post under the books threads because I have enjoyed your posts.
Leigh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And honestly I think she was sadly starting to think a little of herself in there because she's 71 and has some serious health issues. I think in a way animals help us to learn about life and death which may bring some of us comfort when faced with our own. They can be little guardian angels in that way.

I am sorry that your mother has health problems. My Mother died at age 69 (way to young for me especially since my grandmother lived to 92).

I hope that she has a good year in 2009

Last edited by Leigh on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leigh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh"]And honestly I think she was sadly starting to think a little of herself in there because she's 71 and has some serious health issues. I think in a way animals help us to learn about life and death which may bring some of us comfort when faced with our own. They can be little guardian angels in that way.
quote thing doesn't seem to be working. . .

I am just waking up, in bed and I have all four of my dogs laying on the bed. And I just love it that they are motivated to all want to be with me.
Animals are a blessing. .

xina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in a way animals help us to learn about life and death which may bring some of us comfort when faced with our own. They can be little guardian angels in that way.

Linda[/quote]

Absolutely Linda. I think animals/pets help children with many things.
More important, they can teach children about empathy, because animals...dogs in my case and our cat (my first) love you unconditionally.

I love this quote...it comes from a Beagle calender I have. (my husband gives me 2 dog calenders every Christmas..a Sheltie and a Beagle)

**Every boy should have two things: A dog and a mother willing to let him have one** Robert Benchley

I like this one too...

**They are better than human beings-because they KNOW- but do not tell** Emily Dickinson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: