AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help my picture is taking over my posts!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leigh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Help my picture is taking over my posts! Reply with quote

This link is the only one that will work on the profile page:

com/albums/q403/iloveublues/32203-waterhouse_boreas_small.jpg

The link of photobucket is http://s350.photobucket.com/albums/q403/iloveublues/?action=view&current=32203-waterhouse_boreas_small.jpg

When I try to use the one that says for bulletin boards it says that it is not a valid link.
tirlittan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh,

Have you tried making the picture smaller? Photobucket has an edit pictures-function where you can modify the picture (resize). I can't seem to make the url for messageboards to work either, btw. But with a smaller picture, the HTML code for websites& blogs should (I'll try it out too) work.

Hope this helps,
T
Leigh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tirlittan wrote:
Leigh,

Have you tried making the picture smaller? Photobucket has an edit pictures-function where you can modify the picture (resize). I can't seem to make the url for messageboards to work either, btw. But with a smaller picture, the HTML code for websites& blogs should (I'll try it out too) work.

Hope this helps,
T

I was getting the picture from Photobucket but it kept saying my link was wrong, but I did a search, and found another picture with evidently a different link, AND IT WORKS<G>

Thanks for responding.
tirlittan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, Leigh glad you found a way to make it work. And as it turns out there were some problems in my way too: I couldn't make it work first either, apparently with photobucket the url needs to be the "direct link" and not the html as I said in that earlier post. Twisted Evil And here at AAR you need to choose the Link to Off-Site box to paste the url in... Just in case there are other no-techno-types like me out there trying to make it work.. ;)

ETA (and to correct some misc. spelling mistakes): the html not working in my case might have something to do with the HTML is off -option I've chosen.. *thunk* Laughing
xina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acually, I like it Leigh. I think it's really lovely. I don't know how to change mine...that is why it stays the same. I just don't take the time to fool with it.
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh, your picture is lovely, but it's still too large by AAR standards. It should be no larger than 100 x 100 and yours is 158 x 223. It can be downsized on Photobucket to an avatar size and that should do it. It should be no larger than most of the other avatars that you see here on the posts.

Copy the image to your album, then choose "edit." Choose the avatar size. Then copy the info from "Direct Link" into the AAR box that says "Link to off-site avatar" and that should work.
cheri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Acually, I like it Leigh. I think it's really lovely. I don't know how to change mine...that is why it stays the same. I just don't take the time to fool with it.

LOL! That's the same with me. Why change it when it works. Still I should try something else. Leigh, I love your pic. cheri
xina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
xina wrote:

LOL! That's the same with me. Why change it when it works. Still I should try something else. Leigh, I love your pic. cheri

It's lovely isn't it? I think I inwardly **sigh** whenever I see it. Very romantic with a gothic look.
Leigh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:

Thanks,

I found this picture ages ago, but didn't know how to load it , and evidently from the post below, it is still too large. I wondered. Oh, well, back to photobucket.
Leigh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Leigh, your picture is lovely, but it's still too large by AAR standards. It should be no larger than 100 x 100 and yours is 158 x 223. It can be downsized on Photobucket to an avatar size and that should do it. It should be no larger than most of the other avatars that you see here on the posts.

Copy the image to your album, then choose "edit." Choose the avatar size. Then copy the info from "Direct Link" into the AAR box that says "Link to off-site avatar" and that should work.

Tee,

Thanks for your help. (I think Wink I still like the picture but I lost on the details with shrinking it Rolling Eyes Oh, well, at least I am not taking up tons of room with my posts and I am legal)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: