AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hallmark's movie, "Front of the Class"...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Hallmark's movie, "Front of the Class"... Reply with quote

Anyone happen to watch the movie last night on the Hallmark Hall of Fame, Front of the Class? At first, I hadn't planned on watching it; but there was nothing else worthwhile on at the same time, so I dialed into that one. What a wonderful story. Talk about overcoming handicaps; and it's based on a true story, adapted from Brad Cohen's own book of the same title highlighting his childhood experiences into adulthood with Tourette Syndrome. He eventually became a teacher, his life-long goal, and achieved Best Teacher of the Year in Georgia.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hallmark's movie, "Front of the Class"... Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Anyone happen to watch the movie last night on the Hallmark Hall of Fame, Front of the Class? At first, I hadn't planned on watching it; but there was nothing else worthwhile on at the same time, so I dialed into that one. What a wonderful story. Talk about overcoming handicaps; and it's based on a true story, adapted from Brad Cohen's own book of the same title highlighting his childhood experiences into adulthood with Tourette Syndrome. He eventually became a teacher, his life-long goal, and achieved Best Teacher of the Year in Georgia.

Oh, I wanted to watch that Tee, but was on the phone for a long time. Totally missed it! I saw and interview with Patricia (?) who played his mom and it sounded like a beautiful movie. Have you seen Brad Cohen speak? He was on Oprah last year, and I was so impressed with what he has accomplished.
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hallmark's movie, "Front of the Class"... Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Have you seen Brad Cohen speak? He was on Oprah last year, and I was so impressed with what he has accomplished.

No, xina, I have never seen him on TV; but at the end of the movie last night, they showed actual photos of him. If you ever get the chance to see this one, give it a try. The movie is done well enough that it pulled me in right from the beginning.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hallmark's movie, "Front of the Class"... Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
xina wrote:
Have you seen Brad Cohen speak? He was on Oprah last year, and I was so impressed with what he has accomplished.

No, xina, I have never seen him on TV; but at the end of the movie last night, they showed actual photos of him. If you ever get the chance to see this one, give it a try. The movie is done well enough that it pulled me in right from the beginning.

I will Tee. I really admire him and from what I remember, he had a hard time in school when he was a young boy. I was looking forward to watching his story. There must be a way I can watch it...maybe online somewhere. I'll check around.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hallmark's movie, "Front of the Class"... Reply with quote

Tee wrote:

I DVR'd it last night. Very touching movie. It really made me think about how important compassion is for everyone and how being a little understanding can make a big difference in life.

Brad was inspiring too in how he didn't let TS stop him ever.

edited to add: There is an interview with Brad (very short) on the Hallmark Web site at http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article|10001|10051|/HallmarkSite/HallmarkHallOfFame/HHOF_TOP

maggie b.
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, maggie b, thanks so much for the website link. I got a chance to see the interview with the real Brad Cohen and that was very interesting. He is such an inspiration and such an enthusiastic person--he puts many of us to shame with our whiny complaints.

And, xina, on another site I found the interview with Oprah. So I saw that too and it was fabulous. All that he said about his life growing up was in the movie. I do hope you can find it rerun somewhere. If I notice anything, I'll let you know.

Last edited by Tee on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
xina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, xina, also on this site was the interview with Oprah. So I saw that too and it was fabulous. All that he said about his life growing up was in the movie. I do hope you can find it rerun somewhere. If I notice anything, I'll let you know.[/quote]

Thanks Tee!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: