AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music video for lovers of romance fiction!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donna Lea Simpson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Music video for lovers of romance fiction! Reply with quote

Now, I'm not the biggest country music fan, but I did watch the CMA awards on Wednesday night, and was caught by Taylor Swift's performance of her song 'Love Story'. It had dancers dressed in faux-Georgian era clothes and dancing a kind of minuet type of dance.

It was so cute! So I looked up her actual video of the song, and it's even prettier, with a modern intro and a 'Prince Charming'. The dancers are doing a kind of contre danse.

I was struck by how they used such a modern young woman, playing out her fantasy as a fairytale kind of storyline. Lots of fun!

If you're curious, and want to see the two versions (award show and actual video) I've got the YouTube version of the awards show video on my blog, (link below in signature, the WordPress link) as well as the url to the actual video on YouTube (they didn't allow embedding of that video).

It's a fun look at romance in video culture! Unusual.

http://www.donnaleasimpson.com
desiderata

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read the title of this thread I just knew it would be about Swift's Love Story. My daughter is a huge Taylor Swift fan and she has the music video on her ipod. It is a beautiful, romantic, video, and the song is really good, too. More pop than country, imho.
cheri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor Swift always does some great shows to keep you entertained and you never know what you're going to get. last time she did an awards show she did "you should've said no" starting with a black hoodie on and ended up in a beautiful dress in a waterfall. She's nuts in a good way and chalked full of talent to boot. cheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: