AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knitting websites?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kanoelani wrote:
Here is another site: http://www.knittersreview.com/

The forums are very helpful and I have really enjoyed the weekly reviews.

Wow! Thanks, kanoelani, that's a really nice site.
Margaret

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've quickly become addicted to knitting...looking for patterns, yarns, needles etc. I'm just a beginning beginner. Managed to finish a simple pair of slippers for my husband thanks to a YouTube instructional video.

I'm looking for suggestions. I've only been to bernat.com, and I'm lucky enough to live near a yarn factory outlet.

Thanks.
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret wrote:
I've quickly become addicted to knitting...looking for patterns, yarns, needles etc. I'm just a beginning beginner. Managed to finish a simple pair of slippers for my husband thanks to a YouTube instructional video.

I'm looking for suggestions. I've only been to bernat.com, and I'm lucky enough to live near a yarn factory outlet.

Thanks.

As others have mentioned, Ravelry is an excellent site for free patterns. What is nice about this site is that have many photos/comments from people who have knit the pattern in a variety of yarns and colors. I would highly recommend you visit there. Another site I like for free patterns is Lion Brand Yarn; they rate their patterns, too, which is helpful. I have also had luck at Drops Designs for free patterns. Almost all of the yarn companies offer some free patterns on their websites so it might be worth your while to check those out, too. Happy knitting!
Margaret

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

As others have mentioned, Ravelry is an excellent site for free patterns. What is nice about this site is that have many photos/comments from people who have knit the pattern in a variety of yarns and colors. I would highly recommend you visit there. Another site I like for free patterns is Lion Brand Yarn; they rate their patterns, too, which is helpful. I have also had luck at Drops Designs for free patterns. Almost all of the yarn companies offer some free patterns on their websites so it might be worth your while to check those out, too. Happy knitting!
[/quote]

Thanks, Tinabelle. Is there a website that decodes patterns? Learning the shorthand they use for patterns is difficult for me. Youtube has been great for instructional videos, but I really want to learn to read patterns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: