AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Voted!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: I Voted! Reply with quote

It was easy and quick where I am in Wisconsin. The whole thing took maybe half an hour. My husband went earlier this morning and said the line was a bit longer but still very reasonable and nothing he hadn't seen before.

So what about everyone else -- voted yet? Where? Lines long? Anything weird to report Wink

maggie b.
Cyl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on my way to vote now. I've been sick in bed for the last two days, so any time spent standing in line will be exhausting. I'm tired just thinking about it.
xina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too...I brought a magazine and a book with me thinking the lines would be long, but I got down to it right away. Yay!
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back. It was more "in and out" than some of our local elections are.
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who have voted, but especially for those who have not yet done so, you have to see this short and cute home-made political ad. It just may put a smile on your face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svhq4C9HhUg
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted in Washington, D.C. about two hours ago. It was the middle of the day -- about 2:30 p.m. -- so, there were hardly any lines. Others in the metro area (Maryland and Virginia) who went to the polls before work, stood in the long lines and had to wait 45 mins to two hours. Also, it began raining in my neck of the woods a few hours ago. Hope that doesn't deter people from voting.

My job gives you two hours of leave to vote. However, I decided to take half the day off.

Frankly, although I'm not willing to bet on a landslide, I think Obama will win. I'm far more interested in the congressional elections.
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandlynn wrote:
...although I'm not willing to bet on a landslide, I think Obama will win. I'm far more interested in the congressional elections.

In the long run, as important as the president is (and he is), the Congress is where the bills and laws are passed. That's where we need to make sure the people we want sitting there are the ones that can help in our causes. Agree totally.
HeatherB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in line when the polls opened this morning and I took my seven year old with me. We only waited for about 45 minutes. I'm so glad that I took my son so that he could witness this historic election (regardless of persuasion and all other issues) and that I could share that with him. As a history teacher (gov't too), it was just a special moment for me and I hope that it'll be one that he remembers as well.
HeatherB
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted right after work (just after 4 PM) and there was no line, but one couple ahead of me at the table with the poll workers. The woman was on their list, but the man wasn't and had to use a provisional ballot.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted at about 10:30 EST. I arrived at my polling place at about 9:45. It's the public library that is closest to my house. The line went from the door, across the concrete entrance, across the parking lot, and onto the landscaped field that separates a main highway from a neighborhood. Once inside the polling room, the only hold up was for the election official to find the voter on the computer screen; there were three. There were seven or eight "touch screen" voting machines.

There was rain earlier in the morning and later in the afternoon, but not while I was outside; the ground was soggy, though. My fellow voters and I weren't pleased with the weather or the line, but we were all determined to cast our vote, no matter how long it took.

Kay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> The Wild Wild West Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: