AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please consider...on behalf of AAR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Please consider...on behalf of AAR Reply with quote

Never let it be said that when something is pointed out to me, I don't act. I just updated the ATBF wherein I referred to my "invention" of the word "manaconda." It now states within the column:
Quote:
*9/2008: I've been informed that somebody else came up with the term "manaconda" prior to me; it's the title of an Ellora's Cave anthology published in May 2004, almost six months prior to my writing of this column.

This has given me an idea for a campaign I'm going to work on over the next hour or so, at which point I'll post here again.

Last edited by LLB on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
LLB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: That didn't take long Reply with quote

Well, that didn't take much time at all. Both here and on my blog I've posted a linked image and sample letter from AAR users to the founders of the DIK Ladies blog. They've had ample opportunity to respond to my email of nearly two weeks ago, and since a couple of them Twitter and subscribe to my tweets, I know they're at least aware of the situation.

If you have a blog or site, please add this on behalf of AAR:

If not, simply comment on their site (or email one of the site's contributors...if you can find an email) about your feelings, and if you'd like, use the following as a sample:

Quote:
Dear Ladies -

It has come to my attention that the name of your blog was created in 1996 by the publisher of All About Romance. I further understand that she emailed the founder of this blog - the individual who wrote the first blog entry - asking for credit nearly two weeks ago and has yet to receive a response. Out of fairness and justice, two values I hold as important in my life and dealings with others, I ask that you reconsider your position and give credit where it is due by prominently displaying, on a permanent basis, that the intellectual and historical ownership of both DIK and Desert Isle/Island Keeper belongs to All About Romance.

Sincerely,

If you do either or both of these things, please post here about it and let us know if there is any result.

Thank you.
Donna Lea Simpson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Credit Due campaign Reply with quote

Hey, Laurie,

I've posted a blog entry today using your 'Credit Due' graphic and talking about the DIK blog. (see Wordpress blog link in my signature line)

My thinking is that every author who has been awarded a DIK from AAR should come out in your support. I, for one, don't want my two DIK's (and any future ones I might get) diluted by their blog reviews!

BTW, Laurie, I would have commented earlier in the week on your blog, but for some time now I haven't been able to bring up the comments box or read comments on your blog, which I read regularly. So, that's why I didn't comment there!

Good luck with the campaign!

http://www.donnaleasimpson.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: