AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dancing with the Stars, anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JanceeSP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Dancing with the Stars, anyone? Reply with quote

Is anyone watching Dancing with the Stars this season?

So far I'm not blown away by any of the contestants, but I was pleasantly surprised by young Cody Linley. He's adorable! He did a great job with the rumba last night.

I'm also happy to see the ex-So You Think You Can Dance contestants on the show. I jumped off of my couch tonight when I saw Pasha and Anya, I was so excited!

The other dancers are doing okay, but I don't see anyone that I think "MUST WIN" like with Kristi Yamaguchi or Mel B (aka Scary Spice).
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JanceeSP, I'm watching, but so far I'm not terribly overwhelmed by anyone. There are lots I'd like to go home, but one has shown really great ability so far. I keep hoping, however.
Anna B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was already happy to see Lacey Schwimmer (and if she can get brother Benji to at least perform once, all the better) join the cast, but seeing Pasha and Anya again was absolutely delightful.

Still a bit early in the game for me to pick a clear favorite among the amateurs, but my favorite pros are back (had thought Julianne might not participate this year, but glad she is -- and I'm sure we still have plenty of Maks and Alec headed our way for a while yet.) Interesting as well to see Corky Ballas; now we know where Mark gets his moves (as well as from mom, Shirley.)

--Lucille Ball
Karen Templeton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly underwhelmed, here. Kristi Y. spoiled me. But more than the lack of talent seems to be the lack of fire from most of the contestants -- that certain something that keeps you glued to their performances, grinning the whole time. Just not there.

I've decided to wait a few weeks and maybe come back after a few more eliminations. In serious "life's too short" mood, I suppose. That, or just distracted by all the election coverage. I've become an MSNBC junkie, much to my shock! Wink

Karen T.
http://www.karentempleton.com
Nana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pulling for Toni, Warren, and Rocco. Toni because she's great, Warren because he's hilarious, and Rocco because he's not a dancer or an athlete, and I like people who are actually learning for the first time. He's also nowhere near as bad as they keep saying he is. I also like Misty because she doesn't hold back.

I'm done with Cloris. She kind of embarrasses me. F-bombing the judges doesn't suddenly become funny just because you're old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: