AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could Western Romances Make a Comeback?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladynaava

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like novels set in the west that have to do with homestading and farming ala little house on the prairie style stuff.

My issue with westerns, is, that most of the novesl tend to feature outlaws, and gunfighting of which I have zero interest.

My favorite stories are usually about girls who travel out west to be schoolteachers, wives, or to start businesses. Many inspirationals capture the slow pace that I like... The homsepun feel of the western novel. But spoil it by trying to convert me.
NoirFemme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladynaava wrote:
I like novels set in the west that have to do with homestading and farming ala little house on the prairie style stuff.

My issue with westerns, is, that most of the novesl tend to feature outlaws, and gunfighting of which I have zero interest.

My favorite stories are usually about girls who travel out west to be schoolteachers, wives, or to start businesses. Many inspirationals capture the slow pace that I like... The homsepun feel of the western novel. But spoil it by trying to convert me.

lol I stopped reading Westerns because they kept featuring schoolmarms and such. I cut my teeth on Butch Cassidy and Wild Bill Hickcock, and adore Western movies like High Noon, so I want gritty, dark Western romances full of action and shoot-outs.
ladynaava

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoirFemme wrote:
ladynaava wrote:

lol I stopped reading Westerns because they kept featuring schoolmarms and such. I cut my teeth on Butch Cassidy and Wild Bill Hickcock, and adore Western movies like High Noon, so I want gritty, dark Western romances full of action and shoot-outs.

Yeah, it is a bit cliche. When I posted that was about the only occupation I could think of off hand for women. I rather like the 'man against elements' type scenarios in books. I read a good series of inspirationals about a woman who ran an inn. Too bad they were inspirationals.

Its funny what resonates with people. So many love highland scottish lords and I burned out a while ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: