AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Mirror Has Two Faces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schola

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: The Mirror Has Two Faces Reply with quote

+IHS+

I caught this movie again the other night and realised that its structure would fit perfectly into a Romance novel. Barbra Streisand and Jeff Daniels are probably just not who we tend to picture when we envision heroes and heroines. Laughing I found it to be a nice movie with a lot of "old Hollywood" charm.

However . . . if I were reading a novelisation and didn't know that Barbra was playing the heroine, I would not picture her in the role at all. I know it's her movie, but she felt a little like a miscast to me.
LeeB.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, I haven't thought about that movie in ages. I went to see it when it first came out. And yeah, not a typical Babs role, so the movie suffers.

Same thing happened when she decided to star in and direct The Prince of Tides. That was such a wonderful book but turned out to be an awful movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: