AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridezillas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Bridezillas Reply with quote

Does anyone understand this show? Does the show pay these women to appear on the show? Because otherwise, I don't get it at all...why would anyone invite cameras that they realize will showcase a person's most horrendous behavior?
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if a person truly has the personality to be a bridezilla, then they don't really care who sees them act out or how their behavior is viewed by others. They appear to be oblivious to other people's concerns or feelings. So, as long as they get their way, the thoughts of others seem to be inconsequential. IMO, of course. I'm sure they're compensated in some way, either toward their wedding or outright paid, but I don't know that for sure.
jebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch Bridezillas regularly, but I've seen it enough to get the gist and I've often wondered how the show comes about, too. My only guess is that brides must be recruited at bride shows and that Tee is absolutely right: the show just highlights already ingrained bad behavior.

I always wonder at the grooms. Sometimes the guys are just complete doormats and I'm just shaking my head thinking "dude, get a Y chromosome." And I'd be willing to bet there's some financial compensation for being on the show, even if it's just wedding related goodies.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bridezillas Reply with quote

LLB wrote:
Does anyone understand this show? Does the show pay these women to appear on the show? Because otherwise, I don't get it at all...why would anyone invite cameras that they realize will showcase a person's most horrendous behavior?

I think they just want to be on t.v., and maybe they don't care how they're going to look. And surely they're getting compensated in some way. *shakes head* It's hard for me to comprehend. The other night I caught part of an episode in which the bride's five-year-old nephew -- her sister's kid -- went missing, and the entire bridal party and hotel staff basically stopped what they were doing to look for the kid. Which unfortunately delayed the bride's grand entrance into her reception. So she went and flounced down on the sofa in a huff and proceeded to rant about how it was HER day and nobody could seem to remember that. And once the kid was found, she was still pissed about the delay and tried to drum up sympathy from, of all people, her sister...the kid's mother! Totally clueless.

You know, mostly I think these people are just low-class, but also I partly blame the bridal industry. They've certainly done their part to contribute to this "it's the bride's day" mentality, and most of the bridezillas seem to have that part of their dialogue down-pat.
xina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only watched a tiny bit of this show, because it really didn't interest me, but I have theory about reality shows where people are behaving badly. On one hand I think they want their 15 minutes of fame and on the other hand, I think that bad manners and outrageous behavior is accepted in our society now so much more than it used to be. It's no longer shocking but seen as entertainment.. I also wonder about the grooms who marry these women. They are either as nasty as the women or completely clueless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: