AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help finding Downloadable U.K. Harry Potter Books

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LizE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Help finding Downloadable U.K. Harry Potter Books Reply with quote

Hoping someone can help me! I'm looking for downloadable Harry Potter books read by Stephen Fry. I can only find the U.S. Jim Dale narrations. Does anyone know why they don't seem to exist or somewhere I can find them?

Thanks in advance! liz
LeeB.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked and you can get them on amazon.co.uk
LizE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've been there, but all I can find are CDs and tapes. I'm looking for downloadable files. Maybe they don't exist. I've looked through all the book rental services, but have only found the American versions, not the English.
LeeB.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LizE wrote:
Thanks! I've been there, but all I can find are CDs and tapes. I'm looking for downloadable files. Maybe they don't exist. I've looked through all the book rental services, but have only found the American versions, not the English.

Sorry I misread your initial post.

I know my library has downloadable books; have you checked yours? I bet UK libraries have downloadable books too but you would probably have to be a UK library card.
LizE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, thanks, but they only have Jim Dale narration in our library system. It's really frustrating! I can't even find a sample of Stephen Fry, though I love him in everything so I'll probably love this, too. Don't suppose you've heard his narration?
LeeB.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz: No I haven't heard his narration.

Have you asked the librarian about inter-library loans with maybe a Canadian system? They tend to have a lot of UK imports.
LizE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Mourning the end of the book releases Reply with quote

I'll try that, thanks.

I think the trouble is that I'm in HP mourning and it's just hitting me now. I was one of the moms who really looked forward to the book releases. I loved all the kids in costume, the excitement, the games, getting the book and starting to read it aloud that very night. Sigh. Nothing can ever take Harry's place.
MMcA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't suppose you've heard his narration?

If you want to hear what he's like, there are clips on YouTube:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uGfYM_GNyFg

We've had all the books on tape or CD - the girls listened to them so often that they could recite parts of the books. But I've never heard the Jim Dale versions, so couldn't say how they compare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: