AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dark Knight - The Ultimate Tortured Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just logged on and this was on msn.com:

http://www.movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx/?news=323909&GT1=28101 Rolling Eyes
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this on Popsugar earlier. I go there for fun to read some silly celebrity gossip, but this showed up. Hmmm, I wonder what the details are. It seems unclear at this point.
www.popsugar.com

edited to add....Scroll down to get to the Christian Bale story.
cheri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this finally yesterday at an IMAX theatre. Really great movie. I have to say I never realized how attractive Christian Bale's lips were until this movie when that's all you get. While I do love him and I'm glad he's batman, this wasn't my favorite of his. cheri
jebe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm green w/envy! I'm dying to go and no one's available to go until next week!!! Confused
Nana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Christian Bale and Heath Ledger as much as the next girl - I actually have convinced myself that Newsies and A Knight's Tale are good movies - but in my opinion, this movie is Aaron Eckhart's. His Harvey Dent is fantastic and heartbreaking. Love love love him.
Ellen AAR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went yesterday and (as the great Harry Carey would say) HOLY COW!

This is one intense movie! I can usually hold myself pretty well aloof from what's going on on screen, but Heath Ledger's Joker creeped me out big time. I wonder if they will ever be able to top this - I mean I can't imagine who could be Batman's next protagonist unless they bring back The Scarcrow.

And jebe - if you want to go, just go. If I waited till someone in my family wanted to go to a movie with me, I'd never see anything. Wink
cheri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm extemely scared of heights and seeing some of the scenery shots from above at IMAX was terrifying. And there were a couple scary shots of Joker that made me nervous too. And NANA you get my LOL moment for your comment about convincing yourself. cheri
Gail K.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this again in IMAX. Worth it more for the multi-stories image of Christian Bale. Frankly I couldn't tell much of a difference with the action sequences...my brother says digital TV is wasted on me.

What is the consensus on the actor - is he a sister/mother beater or what?

-Gail
xina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail K. wrote:
Saw this again in IMAX. Worth it more for the multi-stories image of Christian Bale. Frankly I couldn't tell much of a difference with the action sequences...my brother says digital TV is wasted on me.

-Gail

Hi Gail! Nice to see your name again Laughing Anyway, my opinion is that he might have an anger problem and lashes out with words. The relationship sounds strained anyway, and if he has a hair trigger temper, he probably got angry. I don't know about the pushing. Who knows what that was all about. According to the mother and sister, they were not the ones to call the cops. Who knows, someone may have seen a oppourtunity to get a movie star in trouble. Still, he doesn't sound like the most laid back guy, but he's probably dealt with this in the past.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail K. wrote:

-Gail

I am not sure but it sounds like it will not be pursued. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/ap_en_ot/people_christian_bale

I'm glad. I felt a bit bad for him to have to play this out in the media.

maggie b.
Gail K.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, xina and maggie b.! I was having moral qualms about lusting after a possible mother/sister-beater.

Back to Christian Bale's physical assets, since I had the opportunity to gaze upon him in large, large screen. Arms, chest, buns, very nice. However, I feel like his mouth is kinda small for his face. And this may make him talk kinda funny. Nitpicky, and shallow, I know, but what do you think?

-Gail
jebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail K.!!! I missed you! How's the new job? And, as far as Christian Bale goes, I'll let you know if he has a small mouth if he lays a nice wet one on me! Laughing Actually, I kinda thought he talked a little weird in Batman Begins b/c he's using an American accent and I think he's originally from England or somewhere not here.
Gail K.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey jebe!

The new job is now an old job because, sometimes, I can't manage to keep my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself (big surprise to you all, I know). Tis OK, I always have more stuff going in the works. Still headed out to the Big Apple in Oct...Hope you're enjoying the last weeks of summer. Went fast, as usual.

I like the fact that IRL Christian Bale is married to a stunning woman a few years older than him. Go her.

-Gail
jebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail K. wrote:
I can't manage to keep my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself -Gail

Ah, Gail, sometimes people just don't want to hear that the emperor ain't wearin' any clothes--keep fightin' the good fight, though!
Gail K.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, jebe. Don't worry, no one's managed to shut me up yet despite repeated attempts. Things would just be so much easier if I ruled the world. Wink I quite possibly identify a lot with the Batman mentality. Wouldn't catch me prancing around in a rubber suit tho.

-Gail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: