AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beauty and the Spy - Julie Anne Long

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichMissTallant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Beauty and the Spy - Julie Anne Long Reply with quote

I've just discovered Long, who is proving to be quite a delight! I haven't read her latest, PoP (which I see has its own thread here), but I recently read her debut novel The Runaway Duke (which I had mixed feelings about) and Beauty and the Spy. Now, I had a question about the latter. Is there some significance to the epilogue that comes up again in the trilogy? I know the easiest way to figure that out is just to read the other two books, but I was so pleasantly surprised and intrigued by it that I simply must know!

Also, as much as I'm enjoying Long, I haven't completely been able to get into her stories. I felt like (knowing my own reading tastes) I 'should' have liked TRD more than I did. And in this latest, there were certain details that took me out of the story at times. I'll save my specific complaints for the pet peeves thread. Cool

http://dreamingenigma.livejournal.com
cheri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not complain now? I don't mind. Laughing Overall as a whole, I have liked this author. Some have been better than others. While I enjoyed her trilogy, I didn't like it as much as To Love A Thief. I have to be fair in saying I haven't read her latest, to be honest, didn't even know she had one. I've been doing alot of rereads and not so much new. I did, however, find TRD better than the trilogy too. And sorry it's been a very long time and many books later, I don't remember any epilogue. cheri
Suzanna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Beauty and the Spy - Julie Anne Long Reply with quote

RichMissTallant wrote:
I felt like (knowing my own reading tastes) I 'should' have liked TRD more than I did. And in this latest, there were certain details that took me out of the story at times. I'll save my specific complaints for the pet peeves thread. Cool

I loved BATS, but had the same reaction to TRD as you did. It took me forever to finish. I think the main problem I had with it was that the hero seemed rather priggish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: