AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burn Notice is a charmer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarianneM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Burn Notice is a charmer Reply with quote

In case you've been doing other, more important things and you don't yet know it, Burn Notice is back -- this time on USA. This quirky series is, IMHO, the most original take on the current spate of spy dramas. A Burn Notice, as those of you who watched it last summer already know, is a notification to all members of a spy network that a certain individual is to be shunned, his financial credit destroyed, and he is to be dumped in a strange city with no friends and no contacts, to survive any way he can. I don't know how it's going to work out this season, but it was first rate entertainment last season. The protagonist has a wry sense of humor and great energy, and is just full of all sorts of covert information on spy skills and spy ways.

The only character I didn't like is his mother, played by Sharon Gless. Quite a whiner, she is, and everything is all about her. The hero tries his best to keep her out of trouble and out of the way, but doesn't always succeed. The hero's girl friend, Fee, is a crazy Irish girl, very attractive, who knows everything about weapons and blowing things up, and just loves to do it.

Currently, the show is on USA at 9 pm central time, 10, eastern, and God knows when on the West Coast.

MarianneM
sandi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Burn Notice is a charmer Reply with quote

MarianneM wrote:
The hero's girl friend, Fee, is a crazy Irish girl, very attractive, who knows everything about weapons and blowing things up, and just loves to do it.

Currently, the show is on USA at 9 pm central time, 10, eastern, and God knows when on the West Coast.

MarianneM

I've been watching Burn Notice, too, and find it a great show. Did you recognize Fee as Al Pacino's tango partner from "Scent of a Woman?"

Sandi
LLB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Not only is it back, but... Reply with quote

Not only is Burn Notice back, but we're running a terrific sweepstakes in conjunction with USA Network all month. We're going to award TWO prize packs featuring the first season of the show on DVD, along with other nifty Burn Notice merchandise. You can link to the contest page via our home page, or from ads running throughout our reviews section (refresh the page and it'll come up).

This is one of my favorite shows...I actually reviewed the season premiere on my blog and there's a link to it from the contest page. We did a sweepstakes last year as well, over on AAR After Hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: