AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Childhood sweetheart recommendation ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpeachy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Childhood sweetheart recommendation ? Reply with quote

hello

I am very new here and i was wondering if any of you had any good recommendation regarding H/H loving each other since childhood?
I just finished "Honest Illusion" of N.Roberts and lovvvvvved it !

historical or contemporary I don't mind !

Thank you very much
Very Happy
Manda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toni Blake's Tempt Me Tonight, which is up for a RITA this year, features a hero and heroine who were high school sweethearts. I love this book.

Sophia Nash's The Kiss features a hero and heroine who have known one another since childhood. Very good story.
cpeachy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Manda"]Toni Blake's Tempt Me Tonight, which is up for a RITA this year, features a hero and heroine who were high school sweethearts. I love this book.

I went to check it on amazon and i am sooooo exited .

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Manda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you like it:)
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love childhood sweethearts h/h's too. Off the top of my head 2 really good historicals....The Kissing Gate by Fiona Carr (20 years later after being childhood sweethearts) and The Wish Club by Stella Cameron..another really fun book. I liked the Toni Blake mentioned too. I know there are more. I will think on it and report back later. Also...cheri, who posts here likes childhood sweethearts too. So...cheri...think of more. You always have good suggestions! Smile Good Luck cpeachy.
Nicole

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again the magic by Lisa Kleypas
veasleyd1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephanie Laurens, A Secret Love.

In one delightful scene, Gabriel and Alathea (aged 30 and 29) are spatting. Chillingworth listens for a while and then comments, "You know each other," to which Alathea replies, "From birth."
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read one like this that was quite nice, Susan Wiggs' "Summer By the Sea." It's set in a small beach community in Rhode Island and features recipes for italian classics as the heroine is a restauranteur.

Another is very well known amongst the romance community, Deborah Smith's "A Place to Call Home." Generally, it's seen as a very good book, but people tend to like the first part more than the second. It's set in the South and has that vibe of the southern novel.
cpeachy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many books ,so little time

The husband will not be happy Rolling Eyes thank god my timing is perfect ,you can't anger a pregnant wife mwahahahahahah

For those who like me love this theme there is :

The Last Good Man,Kathleen Eagle ,is quite good .
Return to Oak Valley ,Shirlee Busbee ,quite good too but AAR did not like it (D+)
And my all time favorite Into the fire ,Anne Stuart ,i know a lot of poeple do not like it but for me it is the ultimate comfort read
RichMissTallant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just read one like this that was quite nice, Susan Wiggs' "Summer By the Sea." It's set in a small beach community in Rhode Island and features recipes for italian classics as the heroine is a restauranteur.

This post reminded me of another Susan Wiggs book with childhood sweethearts, Summer at Willow Lake. I read it a few months ago - quite good!

http://dreamingenigma.livejournal.com
cpeachy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichMissTallant wrote:
Quote:

This post reminded me of another Susan Wiggs book with childhood sweethearts, Summer at Willow Lake. I read it a few months ago - quite good!

Oh wow childhood sweetheart during summer holiday ?
it's even better!! Very Happy
athena_d

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrrmmm I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but Pamela Clare's "Unlawful Contact" has a similar theme.

The Hero and Heroine go to the same high school, she a dork and he the town's bad boy. They're attracted to each other and one night she gave him her virginity. He left town, and years later they see each other again (through some incident I do not want to spoil) and sparks fly. Its romantic suspense, but the love story is very good and their romance very hot Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: