AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So you think you can dance
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: So you think you can dance Reply with quote

Anyone watching So You Think You Can Dance? I was amazed by the incredible dancing last week and look forward to the season. Will this be on 2 nights a week or one once they get to Vegas? I haven't watched this much before. I liked the mom from SLC who hadn't danced in 4 or 5 years and had gotten divorced and started working with a fitness trainer. The guy that is a dj in the strip club has some interesting moves.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: So you think you can dance Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
Anyone watching So You Think You Can Dance? I was amazed by the incredible dancing last week and look forward to the season. Will this be on 2 nights a week or one once they get to Vegas? I haven't watched this much before. I liked the mom from SLC who hadn't danced in 4 or 5 years and had gotten divorced and started working with a fitness trainer. The guy that is a dj in the strip club has some interesting moves.

Dear Kayne,
There is a post with comments on the AAR After Hours site:

http://aarafterhours.blog-city.com/

about SYTYCD that might interest you.

I started watching the program early in Season 1, probably with the first episode. I really enjoy it. For more info you could go to the SYTYCD Website. I remember that there is a performance show and a results show, usually in the same week. However, you have to pay attention to which nights they are broadcast. This year the nights have been Wed & Thurs so far. Last year, it may have been Tues & Wed.

Welcome to the experience.

Kay
JanceeSP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did everyone think about last night? I loved Katee and Joshua's hip-hop routine. It made me cry a little! I also really enjoyed the Mia Michaels contemporary routine.

So far I really like Twitch and Comfort because of their personalities, and Kherrington is amazing to watch when she dances (her face lights up!).

I was really disappointed by that Tainted Love number, cause the girl impressed me during her audition, and I think she could do much better.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JanceeSP wrote:
What did everyone think about last night? I loved Katee and Joshua's hip-hop routine. It made me cry a little! I also really enjoyed the Mia Michaels contemporary routine.

So far I really like Twitch and Comfort because of their personalities.

I just love Mia Michaels' choreography. Some of my all-time favorite dances have been ones she's developed. I was amazed at how much I liked Twitch in his routine. I didn't think he'd be able to do it, and he was very entertaining. Same thing for Comfort. So far they've both shown far more versatility than I thought they'd have.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitch is going to be a sentimental favorite of mine, I can tell. He was awesome.

At least with the way they did the elimination last night, no couple will be split up. That could be a good thing. But I thought they got rid of the wrong girl. They should have gotten rid of the other one...the one who did the tango. Her solo was incredibly boring.

Also, I thought Debbie Allen's protoge...whatever his name is...did more posing and acrobatics than actual dancing.
Danielle B

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think they should have kicked off the tango girl as well. I didn't get the reviews of that one at all. One minute they were talking about how she couldn't hold her position in the heels at all (she did wobble alot) and then the next it was the best performance ever. I'm not a dance expert or anything but wobbling around in heels seems like it should be a big deal. The other thing that bugged me was how she had this goofy smile on her face for the whole tango. It's supposed to be passionate and serious isn't it??

Danielle
Nana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JanceeSP wrote:

... Kherrington is amazing to watch when she dances (her face lights up!).

I didn't know there were girls in the Black Dagger Brotherhood.
cheri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing a post on this show. I LOVE it. This is by far on of my favorite shows. I watched it last season and then I've been watching all of this season so far. My husband and kid just roll their eyes at me when I go to watch it. I don't know alot of names so far. And no real favorites so far. I'll have to wait until this week and figure out everyone's names. cheri
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that blows me away about this show is that the dancers are really accomplished. It's amazing to me to take someone like Twitch, for example, who is a mostly-self-taught hip-hop dancer or b-boy or whatever he is, and throw him in a competion with folks who are technically trained in ballet or some other form of dance, and expect him (and them!) to be able to do something completely foreign to them like ballroom dance. That's what I think is so amazing -- the versatility of these dancers. They have to prove themselves in a vast array of styles, and that can't be easy.
Anna B

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana wrote:
JanceeSP wrote:

... Kherrington is amazing to watch when she dances (her face lights up!).

I didn't know there were girls in the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

ROTFL! That made my day.

Though shouldn't that be "ghirls?" Either way (or whay) I'm looking forward to seeing what this week will bring. I love seeing the dancers' reactions when they find out what style they'll be faced with each new week.

--Lucille Ball
Kayne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Dance Reply with quote

I struggled to watch Chris and Comfort do "Krump" with help from Lil C. I don't understand this type of dance. They rarely touched let alone look at each other. I looked forward to see Twitch but tornado updates pre-empted the show so I missed him. Same thing happened last week. I also thought the contemporary dance was boring. I liked more of the classical dances.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Dance Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
I struggled to watch Chris and Comfort do "Krump" with help from Lil C. I don't understand this type of dance. They rarely touched let alone look at each other. I looked forward to see Twitch but tornado updates pre-empted the show so I missed him. Same thing happened last week. I also thought the contemporary dance was boring. I liked more of the classical dances.

I don't get "Krump" either. Twitch and Kherington did a fabulous Viennese Waltz; they will probably show clips of it on tonight's show. On one of the audition shows Twitch said that he had taken dance lessons since his first time in Las Vegas. He certainly applied himself to his studies. I haven't decided which dancers I like best yet, so I haven't voted yet either.

Kay
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another non-Krump fan here.

Twitch was amazing doing the waltz. I just didn't expect it.
cheri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of fun watching last night. I think all the B-Boys/hip hop guys are doing great. I can't remember the name of the guy that did the Broadway but loved it. As well as the Vientesse Waltz couple. I didn't enjoy the krump Dance either but not because of the actual Dance(which fascinates me for some reason) but the acutual dancers themselves. I can't warm up to that couple for some reason. And like American Idol the boys seem better than the girls. Just MO though. At any rate, I'm very addicted to this show. And Kayne, YouTube does repeats Laughing Just put in the couple's name under search. You really should check out that dance with Twitch and Karrington. cheri
JanceeSP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
I think all the B-Boys/hip hop guys are doing great. I can't remember the name of the guy that did the Broadway but loved it.

His name is Joshua, paired up with Katee. Their routine along with Twitch's were the only two performances I liked last night. For some reason the dances were lackluster for the most part, which you could tell from the judges' comments.

I'm really impressed by both Joshua and Twitch, and how elegant and graceful they look when dancing. I think they're the best B-boy/popper types the show has had so far (and I'm a huge fan of Dominic from last year).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: