AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rachel Gibson - series?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiricahuagal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Rachel Gibson - series? Reply with quote

I like to read series books in order but I'm frustrated trying to figure out if Rachel Gibson's books are in a series, and if so, what series. The reviews here on AAR indicate several are in a series, but her website only mentions 1 series, the "author friends" starting with Sex, Lies and Online Dating, followed by I'm In No Mood For Love, Tangled Up In You, and Not Another Bad Date.

So - if the others are in a series, what series is it, and which books are in the series? Or is there more than one series? I thought I identified a Chinooks series, but I can't be sure I have it figured out.

I realize they can be read stand-alone, but as I said, I like to read them in order if I can figure it out. Thanks for any help!!

Melinda
pinkbubble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

I always seem to pick up a book mid series - just my luck!

I am not sure if I would consider her author friends a true series. More like characters that show up in each novel, but other than some conversation in a scene or two ...

I would those in order if you have them. If you read them out of order all that would happen is a little insight to the hero the author friend meets and falls in love with.

What do others think?
Trish B

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Ms Gibson doesn't write true series books. For me, they are all stand alones that share some characers.

Her "four author friends" books are just four books about four friends but there is not a lot of connection other than that. The only reason to read them in order is to get an idea of who the characters are generally and the chronology of which couples got together when.

I'd say you can jump in just about anywhere and be able to keep up/enjoy the experience.
willaful

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read The Trouble With Valentine's Day, there were two characters that I could tell came from another book. I think I figured out that it was True Confessions. But they were just briefly mentioned. Similarly, the h&h of, IIRC, Truly Madly... whatever it is, show up in Tangled Up in You, which takes places in the same town. But again, not a sequel per se. I would just read them in whatever order you find them.
chiricahuagal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! maybe I'll just read them in publication order to be safe.... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: