AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon Reduces Kindle Price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jantep

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Amazon Reduces Kindle Price Reply with quote

Amazon.com has reduced the price of the Kindle book reader by $40.00 from $399 t o $359. It also comes with two-day free shipping. I bought mine a couple of weeks ago (Amazon was gracious enough to refund the $40 when I requested it) and I love it. I do a lot of travelling with my job and it is great not to have to pack my hard copies.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy! That's exciting!
Danielle D

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know --- but for now I'm still sticking with my Sony Reader.

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Amazon Reduces Kindle Price Reply with quote

jantep wrote:
Amazon.com has reduced the price of the Kindle book reader by $40.00 from $399 t o $359. It also comes with two-day free shipping. I bought mine a couple of weeks ago (Amazon was gracious enough to refund the $40 when I requested it) and I love it. I do a lot of travelling with my job and it is great not to have to pack my hard copies.

Thank you so much for posting this information. I bought my Kindle 3 weeks ago and am in love with mine, too. I probably would never have noticed the price drop or had the sense to request a refund. I sent an email to Amazon yesterday and they are refunding the $40. So, thank you! Now I can load up my Kindle with a few more books. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOORAY! My Kindle came today. It's charging right now, but I've already downloaded two books. It's sooooo easy to use, it's just amazing. And lighter weight than a paperback.
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinnieGayl wrote:
HOORAY! My Kindle came today. It's charging right now, but I've already downloaded two books. It's sooooo easy to use, it's just amazing. And lighter weight than a paperback.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Kindle, LinnieGayl! I have had mine for about 6 weeks and love it; the instant download is so great. I can read whatever I am in the mood for instantly. I have been pretty lucky in finding most of the books I want to read in a Kindle edition - not all, but most.

I have gotten so spoiled by the comfort of reading on a Kindle that picking up a paperback seems awkward and clumsy. I still have a paper TBR pile and do get books from the library, too, so I won't always be able to read on my Kindle. Boo hoo!

Enjoy!
LisaW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Amazon Reduces Kindle Price Reply with quote

Tinabelle wrote:

I bought my Kindle 3 weeks ago and am in love with mine, too.

Oh, good -- you've had yours awhile -- can you back it up to a PC? How do you keep books when it starts to fill up (okay, so if it holds 200 books you might not quite be there yet ....).

On the Amazon site, I saw places to purchase Sandisk memory cards -- can you change memory cards? Also there was a USB cord ... is that how it gets to a PC? Or can you not back up books???

Thanks!
LLB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Amazon Reduces Kindle Price Reply with quote

LisaW wrote:
Tinabelle wrote:

I bought my Kindle 3 weeks ago and am in love with mine, too.

Oh, good -- you've had yours awhile -- can you back it up to a PC? How do you keep books when it starts to fill up (okay, so if it holds 200 books you might not quite be there yet ....).

On the Amazon site, I saw places to purchase Sandisk memory cards -- can you change memory cards? Also there was a USB cord ... is that how it gets to a PC? Or can you not back up books???

Thanks!

Lisa -

There's no need to back up books on a p.c.; Amazon, like fictionwise and ebookwise, maintains a bookshelf for you of all the books you buy. And how they do THIS, I don't know, but Amazon maintains your placemark. There's this weird blog my husband reads, Ernie the Attorney, and he wrote about his Kindle being replaced, and how the books he'd been reading on his original Kindle redownloaded automatically...with the same placemark as he'd left them.

I absolutely love mine; this month I didn't buy any books that weren't available in Kindle versions. So much space saved!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: