AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inorien

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Book search Reply with quote

It has been a while since I read this book, and I do have a few potential authors that may have written it: Iris Johansen, Stef Ann Holm, Donna Julian, Lucy Elliot, or Fern Michaels.

It is a historical fantasy, where the male lead has power that his mother made him ashamed of. One scene really stands out where the son is remembering when he was trying to win his mothers love by floating a rose over to her but she is so terrified of him she just ends up lashing out at him.

Aside from that scene, I also believe there was a sequel written and I want to say that the word 'magic' was in the title. If anyone happens to recall or recognizes this novel please let me know. Thank you so much for your time. Smile
Manda

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like The Bride Finder by Susan Carroll, though that doesn't have magic in the title. It does have a scene where the hero, Anatole, as a child floats a bouquet to his mother and she freaks out.
Inorien

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it!! Thank you so much!! Very Happy
Manda

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have finally been able to answer one of these:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: